• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fmj frank

My friend has a huge collection of x metals. Never worn. He likes to buy back up pairs. I love when I see a seller claiming the glasses were never worn outdoors. My house isn't too sunny inside. I find that strange. When he goes to sell his stuff I'll be there with cash in hand.

Why would someone buy that and not take care of it.
Because when you actually use stuff, sh*t happens. Watches are easily scratched up by belt buckles, seat belts, leaning against a wall playing cell phone games- lots of ways that you can ding things up in everyday use.
In gun collecting they call them "idiot marks". If you buy something nice or cool and not enjoy using it then why buy it in the first place?

Because when you actually use stuff, sh*t happens. Watches are easily scratched up by belt buckles, seat belts, leaning against a wall playing cell phone games- lots of ways that you can ding things up in everyday use.
In gun collecting they call them "idiot marks". If you buy something nice or cool and not enjoy using it then why buy it in the first place?

Amen - it's one thing if you're collecting figurines or something designed to sit on a shelf and look pretty and nothing else. But collecting functional items; I have no problem with people who want to preserve and never use them, actually kinda respect that from a certain angle, but personally I believe a functional item is meant to be used. That's its purpose; using it is truly appreciating it, otherwise you're just a caretaker saving it for someone else's use.

So I have no problem with people who choose to use their collectables, either. Heck, I'm one of them. But that's the tradeoff - using an item will inevitably result in wear. It's kinda like the clean freak who gets a cat - he's gonna have to learn to put up with cat hair and a litter box...

On a related note, that very issue of watches getting scratched up, Ti in particular, is what drove me to track down and import the JDM version of the watch I have - it has a "duratect" hardening process applied and I gotta say it's worked incredibly well, over 8 months now of daily wear and it's as pristine as when I took it out of the box, not a mark on it anywhere... (jinx)

Theirs just people out their that just don't take care of what they got. Apparently money or cost was never an issue owning it. But it did make it's way to a pawn shop smh :slow:

I stoped reading the role. Threat when i read that frank has a few fmj... And i am ******* happy to have just recentely purchase a TB 2 and a HP orange... Lol
Now i cool down and read the rest.