• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

FML!

Dang.

Might sound like a stupid question, but how did you go about removing them? I've seen videos before where people yank them out from the ends (makes me want to cry). I've gotten some bad lenses from eBay and such where the frame hooks are TRASHED and I'm pretty convinced lots of people are doing it wrong.

Its almost a dead cert - those early frames are almost all cracked unless the lens has never been removed.

BTW - I am after some clear stems! Are they cracked? @OttawaMike If not - I will take them if you wanna sell?

Dang.

Might sound like a stupid question, but how did you go about removing them? I've seen videos before where people yank them out from the ends (makes me want to cry). I've gotten some bad lenses from eBay and such where the frame hooks are TRASHED and I'm pretty convinced lots of people are doing it wrong.

Pivoted them out at the centre, the lens came out fine it was when I ran my fingernail in a microfibre cloth along the lens groove that it broke. :(