• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For 6 Oakleys or less, what's the best display case?

demitri.prometheus

Oakley Expert
SoCal
I'm looking for something particularly low-profile and doesn't eat up too much space. I only have 2 pairs incoming now (a Radar and a Deviation) but I figure I would never buy more than 5-6 pairs total and I'd be rotating around each one every now and then. No purely display pieces for me unlike most of you guys! :smile:

I thought of these things:

jewelry-case.JPG

I'd like to keep the glasses' hinges open 99% of the time. :tongue: I believe that opening/closing them all the time would wear out the hinges.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks!

That case is a good ides as long as the glassesfit in it. From the picture it looks about 2"-21/2" deep depending on what frames you are looking at they might not fit in there.

I keep all my glasses in their folded position and have had a number of them for well over 8 years. I wear most of the regularly and they are still in great condition.

Try to find an Oakley "Medicine Cabinet".....very cool way to display a few pairs.... But like what was stated.....being a member here will cause your wallet to drain and your pairs grow.....shoot for the biggest case you can afford and accommodate ..... You will fill it in time.....

That case is a good ides as long as the glassesfit in it. From the picture it looks about 2"-21/2" deep depending on what frames you are looking at they might not fit in there.

I keep all my glasses in their folded position and have had a number of them for well over 8 years. I wear most of the regularly and they are still in great condition.

Deepest I've seen was 2.7" or 69mm. I'll have to wait for my Deviation and see if that'd fit since that's pretty big. As much as possible, I'd still prefer not to fold them. :tongue:

Try to find an Oakley "Medicine Cabinet".....very cool way to display a few pairs.... But like what was stated.....being a member here will cause your wallet to drain and your pairs grow.....shoot for the biggest case you can afford and accommodate ..... You will fill it in time.....

I've looked that up and it looked pretty cramped. Btw, are those holes on the sides and back? Would let a lot of dust in. Plus, getting an Oakley case means I would be inclined to get Oakley stands as well (and I know that would pile up the bill :tongue:)

Well... Hopefully, I can contain the Oakley urge like I have in the past. These incoming two are my 4th and 5th pairs but I've sold the first 3 I've had before. *fingers crossed*

Bah, I bought a 2-tier circular Oakley plastic stand (the ones where the sunglasses stay open)... So, I guess the jewelry box/case thing is out of the question now. Is the smallest display case next to the medicine cabinet, the 28" countertop one?

I only have 7 in my display case and through other forum members I learned that Ikea has a nice glass case that is fairly inexpensive.

Back