• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For COD Fans: Treyarc Vs. Infinity Ward

Treyarch vs. Infinity Ward

• Infinity Ward

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Treyarch

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
Alright, now I'm going to explain myself haha. I LOVE Treyarch and this is why: (Warning this is a long rant :smile:)

1) Map design. Their maps are 10x more innovative than Infinity Ward. The main problem I find with Infinity Ward, is that all of their maps have really bad choke points. This is a huge problem in Search and Destroy, since it's all about who makes it to the choke point first. If you've guys have played Dome, once you get stuck in that building you're screwed. That's where you start in Search and Destroy, and it's just a bad campfest around it. Seems like Infinity Ward fancy's the 3-way path for most maps. Think of Rundown from MW2 and maps like Village on this one. Village, Dome, Resistance. I can't really think of them right now haha. Maybe I'm just picky because I taught a whole game design course while student teaching. I just find Treyarch to be more creative when it comes to map design.

2) Weapons: I personally found World at War one of the best COD's of the series, besides the original Modern Warfare. It was by far the most challenging COD out of all of them, with most of their rifles being bolt action or semi automatic. Even the STG had some recoil while using it. I hated MW2 guns :sad:. They had no recoil on the majority of them and one man army tubes with danger close was probably the most annoying thing to encounter. In Hardcore Search and Destroy, spawn tubing was 10x more popular than pre firing, leading to a lot of quick pocket tubing deaths. My only real complaint about tubing in MW3 is that XM whatever crap. Shoots 4 noob tubes semi automatic, and has like 20 more to boot. I'm not sure how effective this thing is in core, but in Hardcore it's extremely annoying.

I have a few more reasons, but I'll end my rant here. I think my main point was level design. In terms of story from the single player, Black Ops is the winner! That story was awesome and engaging. The COD games fail from a linear plot line, but I guess that's expected in a FPS. I'm just surprised with the lack of options you have in the single player. Wish they would let you go stealthy if you'd like, loud if you'd like, or at least give you multiple ways to go around a never ending spawn of enemies lol.

Btw, I completely agree with you Splice. It's even worse when you're in a full party of 6. We can NEVER find a room. We just sit in lobbies for 5-10 minutes before a game lol. Gets pretty boring. Kill Confirmed varies for me. It's either a fast paced game or it's just camp fest. When people are actually working together, it's really fun playing against a good team. Otherwise, it sucks running into a room with a dude just camping out in a dark corner.

I went from COD3 straight to WM2. Missed the others in between! Love how trying to do ALL of the challenges in MW2 will take forever!! (legit that is) Black Ops I don't think I played any more than an hour of on multiplayer, I was however totally ADDICTED to the Zombie Maps!! Could play them things forever!! (Ascension in particular!)

Ascension was a revolutionary map :). That was awesome! Another reason Treyarch is more creative. Those easter eggs are ridiculously cool!

Back