• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale: 24k Xx X Metal

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

SOLD!!! 24k xx x metal PRICE DROP $429

SOLD!!!!!!!!!! Going to be riding a truck to Northern Nevada this week. Thanks Ernesto! Did more number crunching with the on what I want to do with funds from this sale and think all I HAVE to have to do is clear $400 after fees/shipping so until the end of Cyber Monday, if anyone wants to pick up on these for $425, shoot me a PM-I'll be home all day Monday and I'm 3 min from the Post Office so if I get payment by 4:30 Pacific I'll ship that day. Part of me wants to keep these...took me long enough to find them...but I simply NEVER wear them and I'm one of those people that wears his collection and I'm eyeing something else more wearable day to day.

Details: overall I rate these at 99%...no wear on the gold finish, plasma is perfect, lenses perfect (I recall the person I purchased them from in the UK saying there was a slight scratch on one...I can't find one, I'll double check in bright sun), nosebridge tight with only the slightest flex, comes with original box, coin and paperwork (top of box is slightly beat, otherwise in fair conditon). All rubber in excellent conditon and has a full compliment of large/small nosepieces and 15/25 temple shocks.

If you're reading this I don't think I need to express how rare these are now or what the current open market value is. I have excellent feedback here and for the last 10 years on eBay (username can be provided via PM upon request).

Purchase price includes USPS Priority INSURED delivery for the FULL purchase price. Payment is via PayPal.

IMAG0580.jpg

IMAG0590.jpg

IMAG0589.jpg

IMAG0588.jpg

IMAG0587.jpg

IMAG0583.jpg

IMAG0584.jpg

IMAG0585.jpg

IMAG0586.jpg

Pics up...most above, few more of packaging below.

Some people reacted to this post.
haha i dont get why everyone tears the coin holder.. its not very hard to remove without tearing..

anyway, for further info for potential buyers, this is a GEN2, with no serial.

Username Hidden said:
haha i dont get why everyone tears the coin holder.. its not very hard to remove without tearing..

anyway, for further info for potential buyers, this is a GEN2, with no serial.

Ha ha. Was waiting for BriP to weigh in. I don't either...thought the same thing when I got them; but yes, GEN2, no serial which places the manufacturing date anywhere between January 2005 and January 2009

Username Hidden said:
Ha ha. Was waiting for BriP to weigh in. I don't either...thought the same thing when I got them; but yes, GEN2, no serial which places the manufacturing date anywhere between January 2005 and January 2009

haha! Well, my 0.02 is that these look like a really awesome example. As close to BNIB as you can get without it actually being sealed-in-box. I personally wouldn't pay half a grand for them, but to each their own. These ARE rare, esp in this condition so to a collector, its very valid. good luck! (PS, PM me if you have any other metals you wanna get rid of =P the hunt's over but you can try tempt me)

Cyber Monday sale 20% off original ask. Now $429 shipped through Monday.

This is a good deal if you're looking for some. An auction I was watching ended today for $465 w/shipping, and that did not include the box or coin.

Username Hidden said:
This is a good deal if you're looking for some. An auction I was watching ended today for $465 w/shipping, and that did not include the box or coin.

Seems to be the going rate....course then there's the pair at $575 shipped and no box no rubber no coin pair for $700.

Those look beautiful. I'd totally buy these as a back up pair if i had the money in my paypal account. Promised myself i wouldn't spend more than what i had in there.

Great deal at $429 for anyone looking for a pair. Paid $325 for mine. Gen 1 with serial, no box, coin, or extras.

EDIT: Now that i think about it, anything you're looking for in particular? Maybe i have something to trade? Or if you still have it after i sell off my last few items, i'll take them off your hands.

I know oakleyandi‎ was bummed about a pair that he lost on eBay...maybe shoot him a PM, he might take them off your hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.