• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For The Prescription Guys Here

Monkey

Oakley Enthusiast
Earth
What's up fellas! Just wanted to get some input here.
I'm (obviously) a huge Oakley fan and wear both prescription and sunglasses from this awesome company. My current prescription glasses are the "Concrete 2.0" (Silver Brushed) and the 31Thirteen (Polished frames)
I have at this time a pair of "Half-X" (Polished) that are in the works to be my 3rd pair of prescription frames. With all that said, I wanted your opinion on sunglasses frames as prescription wear. Here are the ones I've been thinking about. Please be honest with what you think. Thanks!!

Pit Boss (Matte Black Frames)
Juliet (Polished Frames)
X-Squared (X-Metal Frames)

I can't even choose between those three! All three of those frames would be siiiiiick to use as prescription frames.

I have no experience with prescription but again, sick!

Someone who used to be on here, called Mickle, had Juliets with prescription lenses in. Maybe do a search for that for an idea what they'll look like?

I've often wondered what Jupiter Squared would look like with clear lenses. Anyone got any?
(I don't have any JS, so can't just pop the lenses out to try - before someone suggests that. haha)

I got my Rx flak jackets last month and absolutely love them. Out of the three on your list, I like the pit boss most, might be my next pair of Rx sunglasses.

Here's a pic of my Rx Juliets...

IMG_0553.jpg

Bah! I just got a call from my guy that deals with Oakley and says that they sent out the "Half-X" frames to Oakley but got a call saying that they can't do it! Which is weird because he had called them asking if they do it for that particular frame but now they can't...what a piss off! BUT! He says he knows somebody that could probably do them for me so I'm crossing my fingers!

On that note, I realized how big the Pit Bosses are on my face and maybe having them as prescription wear might be "too" much. But thanks for the input guys...more are welcome!

That's pretty strange that you got a yes and then a no but I hope it ends up working out.

The pit boss is a little larger but would be cool

That's pretty strange that you got a yes and then a no but I hope it ends up working out.

The pit boss is a little larger but would be cool

Yeah, I was a little hesitant at first, that's why I had my guy call him prior to me getting them. The lenses have these "lips" that hook onto the frames and I know that some companies won't do such complex lenses. But I'll keep you posted on it.

The Pit Boss would be kinda cool; definitely unique if I bust them out as my everyday eyewear. What I might try it to just pop the lenses out and see how they'd look without anything in them. Any link here as to how to remove the lenses from the frames?

Pit boss lenses just pop out the front. Oakley showed me a bunch of times. Kinda scary cause its done so fast yet so easy but looks disturbing

Back