• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For The Prescription Guys Here

You going normal prescription or transitions? Or even lenses?

Yeah just regular Rx lenses (Anti-reflective, anti-glare, scratch proof etc...) I'm pretty excited about it. It'll definitely be unique on practically every aspect but I suppose that's why I'm gettin it.
I could wear the Juliets all day. I don't know what it is about them or if it's because the shape of my head but for comfort, they're second to none.
I got a guy at my local eye wear store that deals directly with Oakley. He's been my go-to guy when it comes to my Oakleys.
I did sleep on the idea about getting my Matte Black Pit Bosses as an Rx pair but I found that its really big. Maybe I'll end up doing it in the end but I'll wait till I get my Juliets back

Yeah just regular Rx lenses (Anti-reflective, anti-glare, scratch proof etc...) I'm pretty excited about it. It'll definitely be unique on practically every aspect but I suppose that's why I'm gettin it.
I could wear the Juliets all day. I don't know what it is about them or if it's because the shape of my head but for comfort, they're second to none.
I got a guy at my local eye wear store that deals directly with Oakley. He's been my go-to guy when it comes to my Oakleys.
I did sleep on the idea about getting my Matte Black Pit Bosses as an Rx pair but I found that its really big. Maybe I'll end up doing it in the end but I'll wait till I get my Juliets back

That's really cool. :cool:

I'm sure that they will also look great in addition to being very functional for you. :thumb:

What's up fellas! Just wanted to get some input here.
I'm (obviously) a huge Oakley fan and wear both prescription and sunglasses from this awesome company. My current prescription glasses are the "Concrete 2.0" (Silver Brushed) and the 31Thirteen (Polished frames)
I have at this time a pair of "Half-X" (Polished) that are in the works to be my 3rd pair of prescription frames. With all that said, I wanted your opinion on sunglasses frames as prescription wear. Here are the ones I've been thinking about. Please be honest with what you think. Thanks!!

Pit Boss (Matte Black Frames)
Juliet (Polished Frames)
X-Squared (X-Metal Frames)

I recently asked Oakley store for Juliet prescription lenses transition (gray) and the damage is $350-$400.
I told them nevermind, I rather be blind and get a set of Juliets.
I am currently wearing flak jackets with prescription transitions and the damage on the lenses only are $169 ish. Thanks to standard issue.

Hey
Yeah the lenses on the Juliets were about $360. It was an idea that I was thinking about for the longest time and I had the money to save up for it. I think they're more expeneive because of curved they are. They do envrave the iconic Oakley "O" at the bottom left of the lens AND engrave a miniature one within both lenses around the center. I didn't notice them at first but I did when I was cleaning them and had the light hitting them on a certain angle.
I ended up getting both the Juliet and Half-X in Rx. I'm very pleased with both.
Here's the link with the pics of both of them:
http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-sunglasses-discussion/17338-theyre-finally-finally-here.html

Hey
Yeah the lenses on the Juliets were about $360. It was an idea that I was thinking about for the longest time and I had the money to save up for it. I think they're more expeneive because of curved they are. They do envrave the iconic Oakley "O" at the bottom left of the lens AND engrave a miniature one within both lenses around the center. I didn't notice them at first but I did when I was cleaning them and had the light hitting them on a certain angle.
I ended up getting both the Juliet and Half-X in Rx. I'm very pleased with both.
http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-sunglasses-discussion/17338-theyre-finally-finally-here.html

That's sick bro. I have the water mark O on the left lens. I have not noticed if the Flaks have the engraving. Are you going to renew your prescription lenses every year?

That's sick bro. I have the water mark O on the left lens. I have not noticed if the Flaks have the engraving. Are you going to renew your prescription lenses every year?

No. My presciption haven't changed in the last 5 years *knock on wood* so I'm hoping that these will last me for a long time.

presrciption lens for fast jacket... spent more than $300 on just the prescription lens alone which oakley is the only company authorized to make prescription lens for this frame. considering i have 3 pairs of fast jacket, i ended up buy 2 pairs of prescription lens. the other fast jacket has photochromatic lens so i'm not going to change that out.​

Hey
http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-sunglasses-discussion/17338-theyre-finally-finally-here.html[/quo

I have a pair of Rx Split Jackets with VR28 BIP. Do all Oakley Rx lenses have the miniature O symbols within the center of the lenses? Seems to be bad placement for those symbols. I encounter distortion when I am looking slightly out of the side of my eyes, for example when driving and changing lanes that symbol seems to catch my eye. Not enough for me to stop wearing the glasses but enough for me to notice.
Funny think with my lenses purchased from Lens Crafters is I dont have the Oakley "O" on the bottom left lens....just have the mini "O" symbols in the center of each lens on each side.

Back