• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

- For Those Who Shoot ... Target Practice/Hunt ...

amber black iridium polarized or gray outdoors and clear indoors in Half Jacket XLJs

I will need something for/to qualify down here in TN for my Carry ... & I want to do it outside, ... have no interest, ever, in inhaling the crap from indoors.

Looks like my Flaks w/ Black Irids or +Reds, or HJ2s w/ Persimmon or Grey will work ...

Still I am interested in everyone's ideas, preferences, etc.

C'mon, ... SHOOT!!! :hunter:

I would say it really depends on what you're shooting, where you're shooting, what the targets are, what sights you have, etc.

Clear is a safe bet. I keep a junk pair of clear safety glasses in my range bag as backup/loaner. But I've been out shooting in various conditions and simple neutral lenses like grey and black are fine, polarized if it's sunny with snow or fresh rainfall. I've shot with tungsten, gold, VR28, they all work.

If you're doing clay sports the obvious choice is G26. I shot trap in college and I have a shotgun I built for competition in the years since, but I don't really shoot clays anymore. As much as I loved Sporting Clays it's a sport best played with friends and I don't have anyone that wants to spend a weekend afternoon on the clays course over something else.

The TR Prizm tints were geared more toward gun games. IDPA, USPSA, 3-Gun, IPSC, etc.

I don't know what "qualifying" for your carry permit requires, but here in MI you just need time on the range with the instructor to display safe handling, basic knowledge, and competency in firing at close distance. Pass/fail. Choosing a lens tint to really optimize contrast to the conditions is a bit overkill. I think I shot mine indoors with BIP on.

Your explanation of MI law for qualify is pretty much the same here, but you have to have ear & eye protection, & I was not going to buy new eye stuff if what I have already fits the bill, which apparently it does, in spades.

But to answer your question further, I will be shooting pistols with stock sights in outdoor sun &/or cloudy conditions here in TN at paper targets at no more than maybe 30 yards with a few different pieces. A Colt .25 Auto, a S&W .38 Snub, & a H&K .40 ... probably a P2000K, not sure which one I will choose in a couple weeks, but it will be a Heckler. Pretty much those three, & becoming proficient in said ...

Back