• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Forced to Prizm

eldiablojoe

Oakley Beginner
My O.G. (first edition) Flaks with the XLJ lenses finally cracked at the insert point at the top of the frame. The tab/hook/thingy that inserts into the frame near the nose bridge/bombs broke off.

I was disappointed because I am a stock, low-key, stealth kinda guy. I like my Iridium black lenses and you will not see me in ruby or crazy-ass colors/filterings. I just like subdued and under the radar stuff.

However, these frames were a bit out-of-character for me. I usually go for matte or glossy black or some other low key greyish-neutral color ways, but these were a one-of-a-kind frame!

I use them ONLY for running. I have others for work/dress/casual/marine-layer weather days. These are my running only sunnies. I have hundreds of miles on them and 4 marathons.

I found them already assembled at the Oakley HQ employee store. They were cardinal and gold with a USC trojan engraved on the lower outer corner of the left lens. They were custom designed edition of my alma mater, and I have NEVER seen another pair like them. They even came with a USC Trojan bag (no custom case though- just black).

Anyhow, I bought a pair of XLJ Prizm Road lenses to replace the ruined one. I am pleasantly surprised at how much clearer they make the road I'm running on. I really like that they highlight the contrast in pavements and surroundings, and that they are not distracting to look through or they turn the world into a weird ruby or yellow or blue tinted one.

Just wanted to share a kudos to Oakley on the Prizm Road lenses, a kudos I never thought I would be giving. Well done!

Last edited by a moderator:
My O.G. (first edition) Flaks with the XLJ lenses finally cracked at the insert point at the top of the frame. The tab/hook/thingy that inserts into the frame near the nose bridge/bombs broke off.

I was disappointed because I am a stock, low-key, stealth kinda guy. I like my Iridium black lenses and you will not see me in ruby or crazy-ass colors/filterings. I just like subdued and under the radar stuff.

However, these frames were a bit out-of-character for me. I usually go for matte or glossy black or some other low key greyish-neutral color ways, but these were a one-of-a-kind frame!

I use them ONLY for running. I have others for work/dress/casual/marine-layer weather days. These are my running only sunnies. I have hundreds of miles on them and 4 marathons.

I found them already assembled at the Oakley HQ employee store. They were cardinal and gold with a USC trojan engraved on the lower outer corner of the left lens. They were custom designed edition of my alma mater, and I have NEVER seen another pair like them. They even came with a USC Trojan bag (no custom case though- just black).

Anyhow, I bought a pair of XLJ Prizm Road lenses to replace the ruined one. I am pleasantly surprised at how much clearer they make the road I'm running on. I really like that they highlight the contrast in pavements and surroundings, and that they are not distracting to look through or they turn the world into a weird ruby or yellow or blue tinted one.

Just wanted to share a kudos to Oakley on the Prizm Road lenses, a kudos I never thought I would be giving. Well done!
Congrats and it's nice to hear you're happy with the lenses rather than pining away for the old ones. ;)

Back