• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Formal Intro and Rookie Question(s)

Thats great info in the Newbie thread there cacatman - thank you! I use other some forums fairly regularly (helifreaks and tapeheads) and the rules and etiquette are similar but there are always some slightly different 'local' rules, so its always good to check.

Next I will be reading up on How to Collect Oakleys and Stay Married. Thats gotta be good info cuz over the years my wife has been conditioned to assume that anything I buy with the Oakley name on it HAD to cost at least $500. Sometimes that works in my favor....but a lot times not....

Thats great info in the Newbie thread there cacatman - thank you! I use other some forums fairly regularly (helifreaks and tapeheads) and the rules and etiquette are similar but there are always some slightly different 'local' rules, so its always good to check.

Next I will be reading up on How to Collect Oakleys and Stay Married. Thats gotta be good info cuz over the years my wife has been conditioned to assume that anything I buy with the Oakley name on it HAD to cost at least $500. Sometimes that works in my favor....but a lot times not....
To “tag” people so that they get a notification, make sure you precede their name with an “@“. Ie @Ryan, not “ryan”. And you have to do it before you hit the “post reply” button (and not adding them during a later edit) otherwise the person you tagged doesn’t get notified, and then you might think they are snubbing you.

If you’re doing it right, they will cost $500. :)

Got it on the tagging - I kinda figured it out from the exchange with Wesley but I figured you would get a notice since you have posted in the thread. Now I know to do that if I want to make sure the person gets a notice.

HA! well yes & no @Atticus... I would love it I only paid 500 for some things, but others, maybe a pair of straight jackets or straightlink - that might be a bit steep! (no disrespect intended to those frames) But I totally get what you are saying!

I just got a pair of custom gascans from Zax and when I told her they were only 60 bucks she didnt believe me!

I would love it I only paid 500 for some things, but others, maybe a pair of straight jackets or straightlink - that might be a bit steep! (no disrespect intended to those frames) But I totally get what you are saying!

I just got a pair of custom gascans from Zax and when I told her they were only 60 bucks she didnt believe me!
Kind of a variation of Tips on How to Collect Oakleys, But Still Stay Married! (cacatman) Tip #16. If she always thinks that Oakleys are worth $500, then you can buy anything worth less with impunity!!!

Back