• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Formal Intro and Rookie Question(s)

Kind of a variation of Tips on How to Collect Oakleys, But Still Stay Married! (cacatman) Tip #16. If she always thinks that Oakleys are worth $500, then you can buy anything worth less with impunity!!!

Oh man those tips are hilarious! No lie - I had a to wipe a few tears of laughter away! And I like the variation too, but I didnt think of it quite like that. I figured, if its more than 500, "yep, hun, it was ONLY 500!! And WE got a steal on them!!" But anything less than that is basically credit that I keep a running total on, so I want to make sure that extra is accounted for and available for future purchases! "no no no, those last ones were only $60 so I'm applying that $440 towards these 24K X-Squared"

Oh man those tips are hilarious! No lie - I had a to wipe a few tears of laughter away! And I like the variation too, but I didnt think of it quite like that. I figured, if its more than 500, "yep, hun, it was ONLY 500!! And WE got a steal on them!!" But anything less than that is basically credit that I keep a running total on, so I want to make sure that extra is accounted for and available for future purchases! "no no no, those last ones were only $60 so I'm applying that $440 towards these 24K X-Squared"
Glad you had a laugh!
@Zax does some truly incredible customs. And his prices are excellent. He also does 3D printed stands/Oakley paraphernalia as well.

Hey @cacatman, I was reading the premium subscription info i found thru your list and have a question about "instant access to the exchange" What exactly does that mean? Are there sales that are only available to premium members or available before the general membership sees them?

Honestly I am more interested in just supporting the site vs special access but I am curious if there really are exclusive benefits available?

not used to your new user name. I only just got used to the LAcampbell being spelt with an "L", and not an "I"!!!
Part of the reason I'm not changing my avatar for awhile. It's hockey season, and I'll usually use the Penguins logo for awhile, but I'll wait a bit before changing it this year.

Part of the reason I'm not changing my avatar for awhile. It's hockey season, and I'll usually use the Penguins logo for awhile, but I'll wait a bit before changing it this year.
You can only change your name if you are a premium member? I am assuming the name has to be unique and no two people can have the same name? Are all of the ones you create reserved for you so you can switch back if you want? Or once you change it, you lose it and someone else can use it?

Hey @cacatman, I was reading the premium subscription info i found thru your list and have a question about "instant access to the exchange" What exactly does that mean? Are there sales that are only available to premium members or available before the general membership sees them?

Honestly I am more interested in just supporting the site vs special access but I am curious if there really are exclusive benefits available?
There are not sales available to only premium members. This just means you don't have to wait the two weeks.

You can only change your name if you are a premium member? I am assuming the name has to be unique and no two people can have the same name? Are all of the ones you create reserved for you so you can switch back if you want? Or once you change it, you lose it and someone else can use it?
I think anyone can change their username, but only once every 90 days. It's not a common thing, as it can kind of look like you are trying to hide who you are...some on here have done this and are quickly called out.
No two people can have the same name. I do not know about going back to my previous username...or if it's "held".

I will say this, you'll find their area couple different types of users on here. There are people that view this forum as a way to share their enthusiasm for Oakley; their knowledge, their advice, their skill and even their deals they find. There are also people that are here to make money (Usually called "Flippers") The two groups are often at odds...

To prevent "spammers", Oakleyboss had a "safety" switch which meant that any new members who signed up via the free option, had to wait 2 weeks and had to post at least 15 comments in normal threads to have access to the Exchange areas (to buy and sell). If you actually pay money for lifetime or premium (1 year) membership ($35 USD/year) then you get instant access to the exchange areas. It's a privilege but also stops spammers.

Latest Posts

Back