• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Formal Intro and Rookie Question(s)

You can only change your name if you are a premium member? I am assuming the name has to be unique and no two people can have the same name? Are all of the ones you create reserved for you so you can switch back if you want? Or once you change it, you lose it and someone else can use it?
Yeah. I'm pretty sure that if you change your name and someone happens to pick it up after you've got your new name, you can't get your old one back. But I'd assume that you can change back to your old name after a set time if it's still not used when you want to change back.

Hmmm, OK. I am curious about the user name because I have no idea why I didnt use my usual web nickname vs my real name when I first signed up.

Yeah, as I said earlier, I initially found this site looking for info on whether my old original juliet frames were worth anything if I tried to sell them. I was actually blown away that those, and others, were fairly desirable. I almost just tossed them out! My wife thought I was nuts thinking I could sell them!

So I first came here because of selling, but I usually dont like to sell my stuff unless I absolutely need the dough - or they are just sitting around and deserve a better home. Certainly not flipping for a profit on a regular basis. I dont have the motivation or desire to do that with anything! haha

Hmmm, OK. I am curious about the user name because I have no idea why I didnt use my usual web nickname vs my real name when I first signed up.

Yeah, as I said earlier, I initially found this site looking for info on whether my old original juliet frames were worth anything if I tried to sell them. I was actually blown away that those, and others, were fairly desirable. I almost just tossed them out! My wife thought I was nuts thinking I could sell them!

So I first came here because of selling, but I usually dont like to sell my stuff unless I absolutely need the dough - or they are just sitting around and deserve a better home. Certainly not flipping for a profit on a regular basis. I dont have the motivation or desire to do that with anything! haha
Actually, to be honest, I think that you can't change your username unless you are a premium member (which I recommend anyhow).

Only premium members have this privilege.

If you just want to see what it's like for a few months without paying for premium, then I suggest that you try registering again and just use your new account, because you haven't got too many posts to your name anyhow. But it does mean you have to wait another 2 weeks before you can access the exchange areas.

screenshot_505.png

Funny side note - over the last few weeks while I have been browsing for new glasses, I keep coming across the PB & PBIIs and think "damn I wish I would have bought those when they came out!"

Yesterday, out of curiosity, I clicked on my trading feedback and found out that I, in fact, HAD & SOLD BOTH OF THEM! I had completely forgotten about that and when I saw the photos of them on my old table - it absolutely blew my mind!! I was like 'whaaaaa??? I never sold any PBs.??' And then it all came back to me.... 1st half of 2016 was a rough time and is still a blur.

Man I wish I could go back and kick my ass for even thinking about selling them. That and the Juliets.

Anyway, I was pretty amused by that.

Actually, to be honest, I think that you can't change your username unless you are a premium member (which I recommend anyhow).

Only premium members have this privilege.

If you just want to see what it's like for a few months without paying for premium, then I suggest that you try registering again and just use your new account, because you haven't got too many posts to your name anyhow. But it does mean you have to wait another 2 weeks before you can access the exchange areas.

View attachment 555260
See what what is like? Using a different name?

Got it on the tagging - I kinda figured it out from the exchange with Wesley but I figured you would get a notice since you have posted in the thread. Now I know to do that if I want to make sure the person gets a notice.

HA! well yes & no @Atticus... I would love it I only paid 500 for some things, but others, maybe a pair of straight jackets or straightlink - that might be a bit steep! (no disrespect intended to those frames) But I totally get what you are saying!

I just got a pair of custom gascans from Zax and when I told her they were only 60 bucks she didnt believe me!
Make sure if you do tags, include @Walter Langkowski . Please

No. I meant seeing what it is like to not pay for premium membership just in case this is just a passing fad that finishes in a few months.
I'm lost - I dont pay for a premium membership now? Is it free for a bit when you first sign up?

Back