• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Formal Intro and Rookie Question(s)

trippledigitss

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
I joined here a few years ago but I am not very active. I found the site while looking for info and a price on some original Juliets I was selling. Found a lot of good info and helpful people. And a buyer for the glasses too!

Ok - so I have been an Oakley customer now for over 30yrs - pretty much exclusively in terms of eyewear. (although last year my work bought me a pair of Nike 'computer' glasses and I have to admit they are pretty dang comfortable for all day wear)

Anyway - I am not a huge collector or very knowledgeable about all the technical aspects and finite details of Oakley eyewear and all the versions etc. I dont know a lot the terms that are used on here. (like what the heck are donor lenses???) I have a renewed interest lately and over the last 3 weeks or so I have bought 7 pairs of glasses and a display case. So I have been on here a lot more lately looking for sales and info etc. And I will probably be asking more questions and looking for more info in the coming days.

I usually buy only from trusted retailers or sellers, but once in a while, I will take a calculated risk/gamble on FeeBay. (and the 29.99 Crankshafts from China didnt work out so well, although I did have to tip my hat at the level of effort they put into creating the fake packaging)

Ok, I started babbling so much (habit of mine) that I forgot I came here with a question: What does "serialized" eyewear mean?? I feel stupid asking since I'm guessing it just means there is an s/n? But I bought a pair of SJ2 direct from Oakley a few years ago and it says that on the box. But I cant find an s/n on them anywhere?

Do all Oakley glasses have a serial number or only the 'higher end' glasses? That cant be? That just seems unrealistic...

Hey! You read all that!?! It not as much as it looks.... o_O but i still REALLY need to work on keeping my messages shorter!!

Cool, thanks for the info!

Hey! You read all that!?! It not as much as it looks.... o_O but i still REALLY need to work on keeping my messages shorter!!

Cool, thanks for the info!

I’ll be honest... I didn’t. I just read the last part which is why I responded.:D

To fully answer your question, some special edition/limited edition have serial numbers. X metals back in the day we’re all sterilized except for a few generations and any that were refinished/came from warranty.

I usually check o-review.com for any color/lens questions. It’s a good reference if you don’t want to wait for a response.

Hi, I can't answer your questions.
There is a lady getting pooed on

ALVBDei.gif

Haha, fair enough JM! I probably should have broken it up in different posts!

Thanks again for the info. So there is more info on 'donor' lenses there?

I meant that cartoon. Im behind on the posts, new ones coming while I am typing a reply

I can't figure out how to make that quote function work?

Back