• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Former O Employee....

mikeran

Oakley Beginner
Hello all. My name is Mike and I hail from the great state of Louisiana. I used to work as a rep for Oakley just out of college for about 3 years. I left when the company changed some upper management and the entire pay structure. I was a fan of the product long before working there, though. I got my first pair of Razor Blades along with a pair of Gargoyles in junior high. I was hooked on eyewear from there. After experimenting with Revo, Oakley, and several other "high-end" glasses.... I was hooked on the Oakley image and everything like it. I actually was working for Oakley and launched Shoe One, Shoe Two, and Juliets in the Louisiana/Arkansas markets. I got my first pair of Juliets as a prototype about a year prior to their release. I have had EVERYTHING Oakley makes at least once or twice..... unfortunately, due to life.... I have since sold most of the good stuff, and I now regret every moment of it. Anyway, I am now a federal law enforcement agent (Special Investigator to be specific), and I am still an avid collector. Nice to meet everyone here, and I look forward to many great conversations!! Oh yeah.... I also own a tattoo shop on the side. I'm not an artist, just an owner.

Welcome! Question for ya. How did you become a rep? Sounds like a cool job for a new grad.

I worked a local motorcycle shop selling (and riding) crotch-rockets, and I became pretty good friends with the rep. When his father got ill, he needed to relocate to Michigan where he was originally from. He put a good word in for me to Jeff Wright, the boss at the time. Jeff and I hit it off when he came to LA to interview me, and hired me the following week. Jeff is now brand manager over the entire footwear/apparel line I believe. Great guy.

Back