• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Forum Suggestions

Jon

Oakley Beginner
It may be helpful to have different threads either for region (i.e. Northwest, Southwest, Northeast, Midwest, etc.) or perhaps by climate. I know that in general the important factors when selections sunglasses are based on climate. Someone in Miami or Los Angeles is probably going to need darker selections than someone in Anchorage or Eugene. Also determines how much you sweat and how much your lenses fog up.

Another idea might be by activity. Maybe discussion about good lens types for fishing, mountain biking or hiking, golfing, driving, etc.

Just a thought.

We need a definitive guide on how to spot fake oakleys. We could have a thread where people report fake sellers. On eBay or forums etc.

Why when posting off an iPhone or iPad, the line spacing is deleted and all cramped into one paragraph. Then I have to edit the post, re space everything and save. Then it works?

I agree with all the above. I (for one....all may not agree...and that is OK) feel that when selling something that a price and pic should be given. That way the POTENTIAL buyers know what the expected selling price is other than "PM me offers". Otherwise it is no different then EBay!

Just my 2 cents....don't hate on me!

Why when posting off an iPhone or iPad, the line spacing is deleted and all cramped into one paragraph. Then I have to edit the post, re space everything and save. Then it works?

Currently working on a fix for this, hopefully it will be ready in the next few weeks.

I agree with all the above. I (for one....all may not agree...and that is OK) feel that when selling something that a price and pic should be given. That way the POTENTIAL buyers know what the expected selling price is other than "PM me offers". Otherwise it is no different then EBay!

Just my 2 cents....don't hate on me!

Definitely won't hate on you, I think its a good idea. The only issue is obviously we can force people to post a price, but they will just post a high price, and say "open to offers". Its understandable everyone wants to get a good deal. There will always be negotiations, thats the nature of person to person transactions. The only time we have a set price and don't negotiate is in a store. But I think people should post a ballpark price of what they want, because its hard to know the value of some of these items, especially rare ones, so it would be nice to have an idea of where a person is, to know if you are even in the same ballpark as them. Its completely up to the community. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

@ del518
just send a PM with your offer, if you want something from somebody!
if i get a mail back, were a member says, that he have a other offer (higher than mine of course)
than write back: that you don´t wanna open a bidding-war like ebay. . .
let the glasses buy somebody else who want to play that game!
i do it in this way. if everybody think in this way, is the trade/sale section just what it suppose to be!

it´s just my opinion!!

Definitely won't hate on you, I think its a good idea. The only issue is obviously we can force people to post a price, but they will just post a high price, and say "open to offers". Its understandable everyone wants to get a good deal. There will always be negotiations, thats the nature of person to person transactions. The only time we have a set price and don't negotiate is in a store. But I think people should post a ballpark price of what they want, because its hard to know the value of some of these items, especially rare ones, so it would be nice to have an idea of where a person is, to know if you are even in the same ballpark as them. Its completely up to the community. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

I'm a member on a guitar forum where you sell/trade guitars with other members and they do have the rule that anyone posting an item for sale must provide pics and a price. That's totally fine but what I've found when selling guitars on there is that other members will then PM you an offer anyway (an offer normally below the stated price you ask for) which of course means that members now post with a price which is artificially high because they know members will make offers below the asking price. For me, this defeats the purpose of having to give a sale price to begin with if the sale price is generally never stuck to.

People only really want a seller to state a price so they can try and bargain down and people are cautious of making an offer without knowing the sellers asking price because they don't want to make an offer that is potentially above what the seller has in mind.

I think if someone has something for sale and you want to buy it, make an offer for what you're willing to pay, it's not hard.

Something is worth what someone is willing to pay, so the best offer process works best in my opinion.
If you want something research all the appropriate factors like availability, demand, rrp etc to determine what something is worth to you.
If it's worth more to you than it is to the seller and anyone else then you'll come to an agreement.
I agree with JK-27, I put something up on ebay recently with a Buy It Now price and Best Offer option. I put the BIT price about 5% higher so that a compromise on a Best Offer would leave both buyer and seller happy without me losing out i.e not selling at all or selling too low.
On ebay with an auction style format the bidding gathers momentum with a low start price as people think they are gonna get a bargain. Here everyone knows the score more or less as far as prices go and the seller knows the target buyer is here, usually someone who's a hell of a lot better of than myself!
The buyer always has the power when it comes to a sale, the seller can only decline or accept. Only when greed and the Oakley mist kicks in does the buyer sacrifice his/her dignity and end up paying through the roof for lets face it 'a pair of sunglasses'

Back