• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Found a copper man

Brought them back to raw finish today, and replated them, used a satin clear.... I love the look!

IMG_8582.jpeg

IMG_4579.jpeg

IMG_4025.jpeg

IMG_0042.jpeg

IMG_0951.JPG

IMG_6370.jpeg

Thanks man.... still figuring things out a bit, but refining the process every time. Just figured out how to easily polish the plating. this is a satin clear... might see what a gloss looks like next time

Just a heads up to everyone that is interested. I haven't decided on a price. It's easy to work on my own stuff, and like the results, but to provide a service for another person, I first need to make sure that the finished product is acceptable. I am doing a set for GS300 since he was the first to approach me with the idea of doing it. Lets all see how it turns out, what his opinion is, and then a price will be set. That is about the best I can do at this moment.

Question, does the copper plating change the mobility/flexibility of the orbitals while trying to install lenses? I mean, if you try to put in new lenses the plating wouldn't crack if the orbital was manipulated right?

Good question. When i do a full frame I will test it out. I don't think it will crack or peel, but i can't make assurances until i try it out.

Question, does the copper plating change the mobility/flexibility of the orbitals while trying to install lenses? I mean, if you try to put in new lenses the plating wouldn't crack if the orbital was manipulated right?
I swapped the lenses in mine from the golds they came with to tungsten with no issues with the plating.

I wouldn't make a habit of it, but that once at least was fine.

Latest Posts

Back