• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Found a copper man

Excellent work!

Awaiting pricing but I'm sure I have a Juliet just begging to become Copper so add me to the list @Ry.1982

Pricing:
1st Frame $150, additional within the same shipment $125. This includes USPS 2 day Priority Return shipping.
If OCONUS return shipping is required then that shipping will be charged on top of the $150.

I will not be able to do ANY additional sets until after I get back from travel at the end of Feb. I will PM each Member on the below list when I am ready for them to send their frames.

If the member on the list is not ready to send at the time I am ready for them, I will skip over them, and then come back to them when I finish the set that was done in their place. I will discuss payment and shipping via PM.

List of member starting after Feb 26th. ( out of town until then)

1. @dragonvoi
2. @Sup808
3. @pupusasrock
4. @joecool862
5. @OakleyFreak
6. @MJLSr
7. @robjeff25.
8. @nicosauve1
9. @Tsuius
10. @hotley10
11. @Wicked

Read more: Found a copper man | Page 5 | Oakley Forum

Pricing:
1st Frame $150, additional within the same shipment $125. This includes USPS 2 day Priority Return shipping.
If OCONUS return shipping is required then that shipping will be charged on top of the $150.

I will not be able to do ANY additional sets until after I get back from travel at the end of Feb. I will PM each Member on the below list when I am ready for them to send their frames.

If the member on the list is not ready to send at the time I am ready for them, I will skip over them, and then come back to them when I finish the set that was done in their place. I will discuss payment and shipping via PM.

List of member starting after Feb 26th. ( out of town until then)

1. @dragonvoi
2. @Sup808
3. @pupusasrock
4. @joecool862
5. @OakleyFreak
6. @mljs
7. @robjeff25.
8. @nicosauve1
9. @Tsuius
10. @hotley10
11. @Wicked

Read more: Found a copper man | Page 5 | Oakley Forum
Sounds like a pretty fair deal considering all the work you have to put into doing these! Saving up now ;)

I thought a lot about it, and figured this was a fair price for the costs/ work associated with it.

When I get back from travel, Prior to having any other frames sent, I intend on testing out 24k plating. There will be additional costs associated for this, 24k plating requires a "strike" plating prior to a finishing plate. Basically doing the work twice. I am saying this from researching the topic, not actually performing the work. If I can achieve a quality 24k plated product, I will announce the pricing, and each person will have the option of what they want prior to sending their frames out.

I thought a lot about it, and figured this was a fair price for the costs/ work associated with it.

When I get back from travel, Prior to having any other frames sent, I intend on testing out 24k plating. There will be additional costs associated for this, 24k plating requires a "strike" plating prior to a finishing plate. Basically doing the work twice. I am saying this from researching the topic, not actually performing the work. If I can achieve a quality 24k plated product, I will announce the pricing, and each person will have the option of what they want prior to sending their frames out.
So you lay down the copper coat first right? Then apply the 24K over that? Awesome man, can't wait to see the results... Glad you are doing this man!

So you lay down the copper coat first right? Then apply the 24K over that? Awesome man, can't wait to see the results... Glad you are doing this man!
It all depends on the two metals you are trying to get to adhere. Some are happy to go straight on, others need a strike layer as the sort of butter in a sandwich. Gold plate typically has a strike as it doesn't take very well, though there have been some strikeless gold plating products more recently.

Some of them are quite nasty stuff, including cyanide, so I hope Ryan's geared up for handling hazardous materials!

Received the XS I had Ryan copper plate for me. What can I say these came out great! I went in thinking we probably won't get them to come out and boy was I wrong. The look he achieved is same look as a copper piping that is in houses it has that look too me. Maybe the pics don't show it but if you want copper this is for you. Ryan does phenomenal work guys and is a great asset to the forum.
View attachment 126441
Said it before, will say it again - great looking pair of XS.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Latest Posts

Back