• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Found Another Romeo 1

Undergoing a good bath right now since it was filthy. Got it for a good price so I am happy. Honesty goes a long way. Earsocks were trashed and one of the bottom gaskets were in bad shape but the original gold iridium had no spider cracks and were in 8.5/10 condition. Frame is also flawless after cleaning!

View attachment 107857
Hi, can i check how do you actually " bath " them? Just soak them in dish soap? Do you spray lubrication (WD 40) into the thread after you assemble them?

I just go over mine with soapy water and toothbrush, I then rub down with alcohol wipes as I'm a germ freak and figure 12yr old glasses worn buy someone else def. needs cleaning proper. Then I wipe over with silicone spray to make the metal clean and shiny ensuring to get into the thread. I'm sure titanium doesn't carode at all but for the sake of a 1 second spray into the threads why would you not to ensure you have no issue with screws becoming stuck.

Nice find. I am still looking for some nice Romeo's like that with gold iridium lenses. Might purchase from here when I get the chance.