• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Found my old X Metals, now what

If do you a little searching here you'll find that Oakley UK is the last place to send your x-metals for a tuneup these days. At best they'll mangle the job, at worst you'll never see your frames again.
Honestly, that was all a bit overblown. There were a couple of problems but many more that went through fine - I never had a single issue. Not sure they do offer it any more though.

There is the customs issue with sending it to the US, even with them being marked as repairs. I don’t think the X-Man accepts signed for deliveries either, unless that’s changed? Both make that a non-starter for me.

Honestly, that was all a bit overblown. There were a couple of problems but many more that went through fine - I never had a single issue. Not sure they do offer it any more though.

There is the customs issue with sending it to the US, even with them being marked as repairs. I don’t think the X-Man accepts signed for deliveries either, unless that’s changed? Both make that a non-starter for me.

Oakley Europe have been fine with me, all tunes were free too. The last one they did was a bit mediocre though. Considering how many pairs they've done I'll guess the loss rate is pretty low so I'd be fine with sending in a normal Juliet that is easily replaced, but not a special one. Since this is a XX that is harder to replace I'd be a bit vary of sending it in..

Oakley Europe have been fine with me, all tunes were free too. The last one they did was a bit mediocre though. Considering how many pairs they've done I'll guess the loss rate is pretty low so I'd be fine with sending in a normal Juliet that is easily replaced, but not a special one. Since this is a XX that is harder to replace I'd be a bit vary of sending it in..
When it’s a rare pair, I swap the arms before sending them in - that’s the rare bit after all! Lenses are out anyway.

Not sure I’d risk JBRs now, though one pair was done just before I bought them.

Remember this one? :lol:
Oakley Tune Up - UK

Yeah, I'm somewhat concerned. Not even sure Oakley UK offer the service anymore, I'm waiting to hear back

But I don't like the idea of having to ship them to and from the US unfortunately, I seem to be unlucky when shipping internationally...
The service stopped summer 2017

Back