• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Found this collection for sale...

When you've got something that large it's damned near impossible to get rid of it as one whole lot. Have to have one deep pocket specialty collector who wants a large percentage of it for himself and has the time and patience to part the rest out to schlubs like us who want ones and twos. Tough sell.

When you've got something that large it's damned near impossible to get rid of it as one whole lot. Have to have one deep pocket specialty collector who wants a large percentage of it for himself and has the time and patience to part the rest out to schlubs like us who want ones and twos. Tough sell.
Maybe that person is out there.

None of my business how someone sells off a collection. Only thing I can do is say GLWS.

Sent from Q's Note5

Maybe that person is out there.

None of my business how someone sells off a collection. Only thing I can do is say GLWS.

Sent from Q's Note5

I wish him luck also, Q. I was simply commenting on the unwillingness to part it out mentality. Very tough sell!

Agreed, and I guarantee that the seller knows this. GLWS to the seller.

I wish him luck also, Q. I was simply commenting on the unwillingness to part it out mentality. Very tough sell!
Well, folks want what they want. Time will tell whether the seller will get what he wants. You can ask for the moon and stars and get nothing.

On the other hand, you don't set the bar low, that's too easy. You are guaranteed low results. When you set the bar high, you may not get the moon and the stars, but you may get something close to it.

Sent from Q's Note5

Last edited:
Well, folks want what they want. Time will tell whether the seller will get what he wants. You can ask for the moon and stars and get nothing.

On the other hand, you don't set the bar low, that's too easy. You are guaranteed low results. When you set the the bar high, you may not get the moon and the stars, but you may get something close to it.

Sent from Q's Note5

Excellent statement, and the very mantra for the car business! Ask and maybe get it...don't ask and never get close!
;)