• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Four / Mag Four HDO?

spectatormode

Oakley Enthusiast
Hey everyone, first post! I've been lurkin' for some time now and believe I've finally gained enough Oakley knowledge to be somewhat useful to this community.

I'm wondering if anyone knows the approximate year Oakley began implementing their HDO technology in all their lenses, I have a pair of Fours as well as Mag Fours and am curious as to whether they'd been blessed with this. I bought both pairs used but I believe they were available for sale ~1999-2003 - if anyone knows the dates for the Four definitively I'd be interested to learn this as well. I've scoured the Oakley web storefront from the pre-Lux days via the web archive but couldn't find anything regarding HDO for these frames.

My man Wesleypipes! As I'm sure you're aware the Fours were rocked by the man himself in Blade. My dailys were/are madmans, they actually just experienced the hinge failure last week and are in the process of being replaced under warranty, hope your hinges have been well

My man Wesleypipes! As I'm sure you're aware the Fours were rocked by the man himself in Blade. My dailys were/are madmans, they actually just experienced the hinge failure last week and are in the process of being replaced under warranty, hope your hinges have been well
My hinges died. I am sad. But they were well out of warranty when they broke. It was a sad day. But I have moved on to Juliets at this point.

Not sure about when HDO was rolled out to all the line but it came out around 89-90 with the Mumbos.

OAKLEY-MUNBO-AD-1990-300x201.png

Hey everyone, first post! I've been lurkin' for some time now and believe I've finally gained enough Oakley knowledge to be somewhat useful to this community.

I'm wondering if anyone knows the approximate year Oakley began implementing their HDO technology in all their lenses, I have a pair of Fours as well as Mag Fours and am curious as to whether they'd been blessed with this. I bought both pairs used but I believe they were available for sale ~1999-2003 - if anyone knows the dates for the Four definitively I'd be interested to learn this as well. I've scoured the Oakley web storefront from the pre-Lux days via the web archive but couldn't find anything regarding HDO for these frames.

These frames were sold from 2002-2004. Definetly HDO. But the new standard is prizm technology. Get there!

Good to see you're honest with yourself
Yea @Wesleypipesyo, you are about as useful as tastebuds on an a$$hole but we still love you.

Sent from nowhere special
See, it is widely known I am not a wealth of Oakley knowledge.

And high school kids needed a$$hole taste buds when they were sticking vodka soaked tampons up their butts.

Back