• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Frame choices for Maritime and Deep Water

leevanf

Oakley Beginner
Hi guys! Long time lurker here and this site got me to collecting 6 Oakleys. I’ve found my favorites/most used now to be my:

Radar EV Maritime and Holbrook clear frame with DeepWater

Because I love the Maritime so much, but I find the Razar to be a bit too sporty, I want a more casual but still very utilitarian frame that still matches my big fat face.

The problem is opposite for the Deepwater. I realized this lens has no AR inside so clear holbrooks or casual frames allow light in the sides to reflect. So for the Deepwater, i want something more sporty with better coverage

I found the SI line to be perfect for what I need and filtering out these favorites. But can any SI owners answer some Qs?

1. Split Shot with Deepwateror Maritime - how comfy is the split shot vs the drop point?
2. Drop Point with Maritime - whats the feedback on this? I barely see anyone posting this stuff.
3. Speed Jacket on Deepwater - I like this a lot because the frame is more modern/linear than Flaks. But is this lens smaller than the Flak XL? I find anything smaller than Flak XL or Radar EV makes my face look too big. Also, Is the coverage enough to prevent inside reflections with the Deepwater?

Thanks!

Every single question asked here can be answered by walking into a store and trying them on. Hope you have one nearby. GL

Hi Sir! We dont have Oakley SIs, Maritimes, or those specific models here in the Philippines sadly.

Hi guys! Long time lurker here and this site got me to collecting 6 Oakleys. I’ve found my favorites/most used now to be my:

Radar EV Maritime and Holbrook clear frame with DeepWater

Because I love the Maritime so much, but I find the Razar to be a bit too sporty, I want a more casual but still very utilitarian frame that still matches my big fat face.

The problem is opposite for the Deepwater. I realized this lens has no AR inside so clear holbrooks or casual frames allow light in the sides to reflect. So for the Deepwater, i want something more sporty with better coverage

I found the SI line to be perfect for what I need and filtering out these favorites. But can any SI owners answer some Qs?

1. Split Shot with Deepwateror Maritime - how comfy is the split shot vs the drop point?
2. Drop Point with Maritime - whats the feedback on this? I barely see anyone posting this stuff.
3. Speed Jacket on Deepwater - I like this a lot because the frame is more modern/linear than Flaks. But is this lens smaller than the Flak XL? I find anything smaller than Flak XL or Radar EV makes my face look too big. Also, Is the coverage enough to prevent inside reflections with the Deepwater?

Thanks!

Own both Split Shot and Drop Point. Split Shot is significantly larger than Drop Point, but fits beautifully and very snug. Pics below will give you an Idea. It has little 'blinders' on top of the frame and wings on the sides to prevent light from leaking in. If you are looking for a stock frame with DWP, Split Shot should be on your shortlist.

Turbine is another nice frame that comes with DWP, it fits large faces quite well.

Cannot comment on Maritime, never used one.

00100sPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191123125128521_COVER-924.jpg

IMG_20191018_153546-825-929.jpg

Speed Jacket was the SI precursor to Flak Draft. The problem with both is the lens swap spring gimmick. I have it on good authority that about 1 in 6 are lemons, and the mechanism wears out over time. Just avoid that line entirely. To help you in this endeavour, Oakley has been phasing these out anyway.

Latest Posts

Back