• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Frame Color Opinions Wanted........

IUSTEVE

I am Jim Jannard...
INDIANA
I am curious about something and need some member input. I have never seen (in person) a pair of Jade Iridium lenses. I am going to have Doc paint a frame up for me and cut some Jade lenses. The question is if you were to do this what color frame would you choose that would look best with the Jade lens?

I really suggest you look through Jade before you buy a set of cut lenses and have a frame colored around the theme of Jade.

If memory serves they share a trait with Violet of having an inconsistent base tint.

This may be incorrect, mind you.

I know Violet does this for sure, but the base color of the lens changes subtly through the lens. So the outside edges might be grey, and the lens might transition to have a green hue toward the nose.

Once again I'm not positive Jade does this. Or that you'd even care.

Like I said though, if memory serves Jade is one of those lenses you really need to get in front of your eyes before you plunk down some serious dough on a pair.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I think a purple frame would look sweet with Jade.
Agreed, jade lenses have a purple/blue hue to them depending on the angle you look at them and the curve of the lens of course. I think some purple and black thrown into the mix would look sick.

Last edited:
I like the flat black. It lets the jade shine and I think it enhances the color of the lens and doesn't distract you.
6ybyhagy.jpg

u6e4etyn.jpg

I was originally thinking either matte black or matte white. I dont think I can pull off a purple frame sadly, lol.

I like the matte black. I'm going to have Chop cut a set of jade for my PB II. It looks really good from the outside. I can't comment about actually looking through them though as I have never done so myself. I've had jade lenses from Walleva in the past and they weren't bad to look through. I have since focused on keeping Oakley lenses in my frames. That jade looks slck with the black though.

Latest Posts

Back