• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Frame Depot Complaint

Mr. K

Oakley Expert
Seattle, WA
I ordered 2 XS from Frame Depot.

The Ruby X metal were ordered a week ago. It never shipped, just got an e-mail today stating order was cancelled. Guess they do not ship from inventory in stock. Guess the $210 XS deal was too good to be true for some. Not impressed with the service.

The second pair I ordered were listed as "new" arrived open box with seals broken on box and obvioulsy handled. E-mailed the seller, he stated all items are brand new seals never broken. Well I guess the USPS guy opened them in transit inspected them, wore them, put them back in the box and then continued with the delivery. Pinpoint nick in lense, but guess I will live with it. Could return it, but price already on the rise for XS.

Beware of framedepot, prices may be good but consider your items used (that is if they ever do ship them)

Rant over

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I've never ordered from Frame Depot, and probably never will now. Mahalo for the head's up!

I don't think most reputable companies would sell open box/returned items as "new", it should be considered legally irresponsible and false advertisement. As a customer, I expect to receive exactly what I pay for...if sold as "brand new", I expect a "brand new", unopened and factory fresh package.

Sounds like Frame Depot is a reseller/consignor, not a retailer.

I don't think most reputable companies would sell open box/returned items as "new", it should be considered legally irresponsible and false advertisement. As a customer, I expect to receive exactly what I pay for...if sold as "brand new", I expect a "brand new", unopened and factory fresh package.

Sounds like Frame Depot is a reseller/consignor, not a retailer.

Thanks for the input. They have a good rating so most of their stuff is probably good. But returned items still need to be sold somewhere I guess. Just wish they would list it as such.

NP, I feel for you. I agree, they should be specific about returned/open box items for sale. I guess to look at it from the seller's POV, it may have been an honest mistake made in their picking system and shipping dept. Maybe the picker didn't read the order form correctly and grabbed a returned/open box instead of a brand new. I should try to be a little less cynical....:redface:.

i never ordered anything from them but their rating on amazon is %94 so is not too bad but id expect more i guess. another seller i saw that had really bad ratings was italiaimage they had like an %88 i believe.

Latest Posts

Back