• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Frames That Have A Story To Tell

i have short stories on most pairs i have.. just not enough to warrant writing it lol. for example, my first Romeo1 was $250 BIN off ebay. i did a double take, blitzed the description in about 5 seconds and hit the BIN. then i realised the only shipping option was some fancy express thing which was ridiculous because he was within the country right, and it doesnt get much faster even if you paid express. well... seems like i missed a line in the description- FREE SHIPPING IF YOU BIN.

SCORE. 3 days later it arrives, no lens cracks or scratches, the marks in the photos were just smudges. safe to say i was excited

my second R1 followed a year later, but i bid for that one and it went for 350, cant complain :)
The stories of the two R1s I got off CL are examples of horseshoe up the ass luck. LOL

Guy listed a "Juliet" on CL but the pics were an R1 so I instantly contacted him about it. We met up that night and I paid the $100 he wanted for it without hesitation. Came home and turns out it was a Jordan R1! Lenses have some slight imperfections but no where NEAR the usual beat up-ness one usually finds on original R1 lenses. Rubbers were all intact too! That frame will probably remain with me for the long run just because of the sheer luck of it all.

The second R1 I got off CL was listed at $100 too. Had to drive an hour south for that one. It was a titanium with gold iridium and it's beat the hell up. I'm in the process of deciding on what to do with that one.

But yeah, two R1s for $100 a piece. :D

I bought my first set of Oakley's on eBay. I had tried on several pairs of glasses at an Oakley store but did not buy due to the price. I regretted that decision because the store is not very close. I ended up biting a pair of the Fast Jacket XL's in the black plaid. I play tennis with them and for working outside. I also use them just for driving around town. I doubt I will ever give them up.

2002. I was so envious by the the college students who were flossin their x metals around. I asked my dad for pair of Oakleys and he bought me a Splice FMJ , Crystal black, Ice lenses. But I gave it to my mom and she lost it.

2013 is when I discovered X metals are no longer produced and I regret not getting all that I could have bought from Oakley website from 2005-2013. My wife purchased these for me on Valentines day.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423247254.121469.jpg

thread back from the dead! lol....

anyway i have told this many times.... and i found the picture to prove it... my first pair... plasma/ice XS! the picture was taken right after i bought the pair! the pair that started it all!

xs_zpso4o04lk1.jpg

my friends also bought some oakleys... sad to say both of them dont have their pairs anymore!

xs2_zpsaule4yek.jpg

I don't have a story quite that impressive, but I picked these up on another forum
View attachment 43874

I bought them cuz they weren't super expensive and I thought they looked awesome. When I got them I got to looking at other pairs, searched the sku and saw that BAPD was looking all over the Internet. That led me to o-review and here so I joined. I guess the rest is history but I'd never sell these. This pair brought me here to meet all the great people and started my collection.

Update on these, they're now signed by Jim so they'll be around for quite a while!

See, sometimes it's worthwhile to dig up an old post! Now, go and read the original post and see if you too think it's almost a travesty that it doesn't have more likes...

I'll have to see if I can lay my hands on one of those Tokyo rail network microbags too.

Back