• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fraudulent purchases on Linegear website

Linegear Japan

X-Metal Professional
Platinum Forum Sponsor
Premium Member
Lifetime Sponsor
Japan
Dear all,

Two days already we received "artificially" high orders for lenses from country where we didn't have any big sales history, and same buyer tried to purchase about 100 pair of lenses on the same day, although they were unsuccessful payment. Also judging from the frame the buyer choose, it is impossible for one buyer to buy 24 pairs of lenses at a time for a frame.

So this is just for info, if you found any product "Out of Stock" , please inquire so we can clarify.

We will post update on Linegear thread. Hello from Linegear, X-Metal Professional

Thank you

Last edited:
Having your CC data stolen, most people think about online databases being hacked, but another common method is using a skimmer, which is where a thief will put a device on an existing, valid MSR (Magnetic Stripe Reader) which reads your card's stripe data when you use it legitimately.

Many ATMs now have anti-skimming devices; they detect if a skimmer's been installed, but most retail and gas station EFT devices don't have them. Nor is it easy to visually identify if one's there.

Check out this vid of one being installed, in seconds while the clerk's back is turned, happens at about 0:17...

Wow, nothing more than a faceplate slid over the existing one. I wonder if they case the joint first for the brand of cc machine or if he had several different ones in his bag. I'm used to seeing the sloppy ones that they use at ATM's but I bet the faceplates are very realistic. Now I'm gonna be grabbing and pulling on the faceplates of CC machines...

Wow, nothing more than a faceplate slid over the existing one. I wonder if they case the joint first for the brand of cc machine or if he had several different ones in his bag. I'm used to seeing the sloppy ones that they use at ATM's but I bet the faceplates are very realistic. Now I'm gonna be grabbing and pulling on the faceplates of CC machines...

I'd suspect they cased it first - carrying a variety and then fishing out the correct one would be difficult to pull off as smoothly...

A few gas stations here in Louisiana got hit with those skimmers. I always grab all over the gas pump and pull everything now.

If they have PayPal as an option I just use that.

First, we thought of the competitors too, but even if they did, we can overcome re-listing quite easily. So this void this hypothesis illogical.

But one order did come through on Saturday, but this time the buyer is from the US. He buys 17 pairs of Juliet polarized lenses.

Any idea people? Should we send the lenses? We might lost all products and lost the PayPal when the owner of the credit card claims!!! :(:confused:

Thank you for any practical ideas.

Back