• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Free Earsocks From Oakley Help

They just use purell at the O Stores. It's alcohol based so it'll evaporate within seconds.
Purell doesn't affect the X-Metal finish?

I've always been hesitant about using Purell but I guess if they use it at O Stores then it shouldn't react with the unobtainium or the metals.

broskis...yeah i used soap to ''slip'' both ear socks on....
its just the spacers now..arghhhhhhhhhhhh i could be playing battlefield 3 ryt now instead this is givin me a headache

ahhh f#@K it my fingers just cramped if u can believe that looks like oakley store here comes the noob who cant put $h!t back they way he took it off :big_boss:

hot danggit bobby i did it!! i f#@kin did it!!
ima go outside and pi$$ on my neighbors bmw coz i feel like it!!
yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!:big_boss:

There is no need to remove the earstems from the orbitals, just to replace the rubber earsocks. If you are having trouble pulling them off run them under hot water fro your sink for a minute or two. Twist the earsock around in circles add some purell or even spray it with lens cleaner and pull it off. Don't worry you wont split the earsock. Clean the earstem with soap and water. Fill a glass with some hot water drop the new earstems in and let them soak for about 2 minutes. You can use purell, lens cleaner, a very small dab of lotion, etc rub it on the earstem. then reinstall the rubber earsock.

I use to use this method when I first started swapping stuff around, it makes it easier for people that are a little skeptical about pulling them right off. Plus its easier too..... You can skip the hot water thing if you think you can do it...

@Cknyc

after you start the thread 2 hour and 15 minutes is not to bad :eek:))

it's a ******* pain in the ass to get them together again!

next time just don't take them in parts. use a few drops of water and a dab of soap like Razerwire wrote.
i prefer wodka to do that ;o)

hahaha oakleynerd is the vodka before or after the procedure?!
lolz after i got it done vodka wouldve been the remedy for a headache ahahaha:laugh:

Latest Posts

Back