• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

French Quarter

Charles

I should Work at Oakley
Mississippi
Thinking about taking the wife on a small vacation to Louisiana. I wanted to see if anyone has gone/stayed and has any recommendations on activities or places we should check out. I see that there will be a music festival going when we go, so that's a plus.

I've Lived here all my life. When are you coming? Do not stay in the Quarter. It's terrible. Stay outside the city in Metairie or maybe the CBD. The quarter is nice to visit, but I wouldn't stay there.

As for stuff to do. The Zoo is the best. The aquarium is also awesome. The shops at the river walk and the French market are great. There's always something going on like a festival or something. Check Nola.com and see what's happening on the dates you're coming.

I already payed non refundable to stay in the french quarter. Not renting a car so we will be walking everywhere. We will be arriving the first part of April. We are totally going to check out the aquarium. Do you have any suggestions for food that is true to the area?

My favorite spot to eat is at The Jimani on Chartres St.... They have some awesome poboys and gumbo.
If you can spare some extra coin I'd also suggest Emerils NOLA... Try the roast duck with a glass of Louis XIII.
Don't forget to stop by Cafe DuMonde after for some Beignets.

The WWII museum is cool and not a far walk from the Quarter... You could also take a river tour on the Natchez.
Tours of Lafayette Cemetary were fun as well...

Thanks, We are totally gonna do the cemetery tours. The wife has been telling me about the beignets so i am sure to be trying those. I will make it a priority to stop at Jimani for so me poboys and or gumbo. What kinda coin are we talkiing about to enjoy some roast duck at Emeril's? I am sure we will try but I don't want sticker shock. Have you gone on a true crime tour and if so is it any good?

Back