• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fried turkeys and such.

Slojack

The Cake is a Lie
Premium Member
Orlando
Screenshot_2015-11-26-01-07-01-1.png
Anybody here in the states frying a turkey tomorrow? I've been doing this now for the last 5 years and swear by its outcome. Juicy, moist and flavorful. Looking for ideas when it comes to injection/marinade that have upped your turkey game. I can start a whole 'nother thread for smoking meats, but turkeys are the topic of today.

Pic-last years unbelievable bird.

View attachment 200868 Anybody here in the states frying a turkey tomorrow? I've been doing this now for the last 5 years and swear by its outcome. Juicy, moist and flavorful. Looking for ideas when it comes to injection/marinade that have upped your turkey game. I can start a whole 'nother thread for smoking meats, but turkeys are the topic of today.

Pic-last years unbelievable bird.
@kronin323 is the resident chef madman ;)

I'm guessing the bird is camera shy? :p

Im frying 2 birds today. same setup but upgraded to a stainless pot after years of the aluminum.
A ginger marinade after brining all night in rosemary and sea salt

I am a big proponent of turkey frying.

Do you brine your bird first? I'am not totally sold on it; there is definitely a slight juiciness improvement, but it's hard to say if that is because of the process or the bird etc.

I am a big proponent of turkey frying.

Do you brine your bird first? I'am not totally sold on it; there is definitely a slight juiciness improvement, but it's hard to say if that is because of the process or the bird etc.
Important note to those considering a brine- Many store bought turkeys come pre-treated with a "solution", aka brine. If you brine one of those you're gonna end up with a salty mess.

I've never fried a turkey. I'm not much for the oven either. I prefer grilling where there is fire and the risk of explosion. The kitchen seems rather girly. Who makes one of the best indoor fryers?

Back