• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Frog Orbitals

Menendez1293

Oakley Expert
Florida
Alright guys I know it's been a while since I have found some time to be on here but now that I have time I have a question. I have a pair of frogs that originally had grey polarized. Looks like the orbitals have expanded and now the positive red I have in them are loose in the frame. They won't fall out just kind of wiggle in them. Is there anything I can do to make the lenses a little more firm in the orbitals? Also the arms on them are very stretched out is there anything I can do to make them tighter like have them bend in more towards my face? I bought them used as a custom project but just liked the polished black with positive red look.

Thanks for the help guys

Boil a huge pot of water ...

Put them in for about 30 seconds

and then immediately remove them and dunk them in another bucket of ice cold water for 60 seconds ...

actually I'm full of sh*t ... don't do this

but it sure sounded right! :laugh:

Peeeeeeeeeeeace!

Boil a huge pot of water ...

Put them in for about 30 seconds

and then immediately remove them and dunk them in another bucket of ice cold water for 60 seconds ...

actually I'm full of sh*t ... don't do this

but it sure sounded right! :laugh:

Peeeeeeeeeeeace!

Hahaha. I actually was like okay maybe this could do something but most likely crack them from the rapid expansion and contraction.

I have a similar problem. I think lenses shapes can vary very slightly and cause this. I swapped out some violet iridiums and everything was fine. Then, when I went to put the violet iridiums back in their original frame they were suddenly loose. I can only think the lenses I did put in stretched the frame a little. Not sure how to fix it though.

I have a similar problem. I think lenses shapes can vary very slightly and cause this. I swapped out some violet iridiums and everything was fine. Then, when I went to put the violet iridiums back in their original frame they were suddenly loose. I can only think the lenses I did put in stretched the frame a little. Not sure how to fix it though.

Yea seems like the same thing that hapened to me. I had the grey polarized when I bought them but they were all scratched up so I put a grey spare I had and they were fine but when I put the positive red they were loose. I got the positive reds from a hook up so idk if they are slightly diffrenent.

Back