• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Froggies Pros And Cons

Review of Frogskins

• Total voters

Mr Clack

Oakley Beginner
Could you guys pls write the pros and cons of the Froggies so I have an idea of what to expect PLZ?

Thanks

I bought my first pair of Oakleys in the mid-90s, and they were Frogs - crystal black and +red. Still had them until last year, when I left them in a car I sold :( They were still usable and in very good condition, with just the occasional scratch to show their age.

There were my first proper sunglasses too, as I was in my first job after finishing university. I considered Ray Bans too, but Oakleys seemed a bit more appropriate as a bit more youthful and sporty.

Those Frogs were enough to sell me on the brand (and gave nearly 20 years of service, although for most of that time they weren't my only pair so had an easy life - they were my "car" pair for a lot of that, in the micro bag in a soft vault), though I didn't start buying lots until the "New" Frogskins came out (that were more like Jackets than Frogskins, confusingly).

Froggies are all plastic, so don't have a lot of weight, but they are/were (not bought any in more than a decade) quality. Relatively flat lenses means you can get a bit of light leaking in at the sides in some circumstance.

They were a great intro to the brand for me - others seem to have stuck with Frogs throughout.

Heh. So as someone who isn't a professed lover of the Frogskin I give you several sentences of my views, whereas the Froggy guys give you 3 words max! I guess their user names are all you need though :)

New Frog collectors are always welcome! I mostly have Frogs and I love wearing them. The only real con I have with them is that they stuck with the original hinges instead of the hinges that lock into place, which is good and bad. It makes taking them off and putting different ones on very easy, but it makes them feel a bit cheaper than say Holbrooks.

Back