• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Frogskin Authenticity Needed

• Thread starter Deleted member 13416
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 13416

Weird Situation here. A big EBay seller that wishes to remain anonymous purchased a big chunk of my Frogskins and listed some on EBay. A buyer is now claiming his product is fake and is taking action against him. I would think a simple trip to an O Store would have already cleared this up but the O Store is allegedly also claiming the product is fake because they don't say "Made in USA"
I know that they are authentic but does anyone have a pair identical to these and also a newer pair that says Made in USA.
These look pretty standard to me. Raised "Frogskins" on the right arm. Left arm is part number, then eye size, small O logo, bridge width, arm length, and then lastly the raised CE
So I put it out here to you guys for your feedback.....
Let me know if guys require more pics and I'll have him send me some more.

IMG_4167.JPG

IMG_4168.JPG

IMG_4169.JPG

IMG_4170.JPG

IMG_4172.JPG

IMG_4174.JPG

IMG_4175.JPG

I have multiple pairs of these including old and new. They are legit as you know. I'm confused to what action could be taken if things are real. Oakley stopped using the made in USA frame a few years back but this pair was made before and after that. 24-306 is old and new. They even sell it in Gen 4 now.

Thanks for responding Soul. Allegedly the O Store showed the person a "New" Pair of the exact same style that says "Made In USA" and compared the two side by side and informed him the EBay purchase was fake. Who knows what really happened.

I know they recently started printing made in USA again in the same paint the sku is printed in..sounds like that o store employee needs to loose his job. I have had a couple pairs with that printing. .I'll have to dig. I know none were that 24-306.

If anyone has a 24-306 that shows "Made In USA" post it up.
Sounding to me like a newer O Store Employee that scared this guy into thinking he got EBay duped

Forget the store rep. Go directly to Oakley Customer service. Last year I had an issue with a seller who sold me a fake Radar. I pointed out all the reasons why it was fake (wrong SKU, wrong vault and other details). Still the guy was incredulous. I ended up filing a claim with eBay/Paypal. They asked me to produce evidence backing up my claim.

I called customer service, explained the situation. They asked me to send them all details by email (including pics). 2-3 days later I got an official email response from them documenting that they were fake so I could use that in my claim.

That was last year and a lot of people here were surprised Oakley CS was able/willing to help like that. But they did.
Try it and hopefully they can help out the same way.

Back