• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Frogskin Authenticity Needed

• Thread starter Deleted member 13416
  • Start date
Forget the store rep. Go directly to Oakley Customer service. Last year I had an issue with a seller who sold me a fake Radar. I pointed out all the reasons why it was fake (wrong SKU, wrong vault and other details). Still the guy was incredulous. I ended up filing a claim with eBay/Paypal. They asked me to produce evidence backing up my claim.

I called customer service, explained the situation. They asked me to send them all details by email (including pics). 2-3 days later I got an official email response from them documenting that they were fake so I could use that in my claim.

That was last year and a lot of people here were surprised Oakley CS was able/willing to help like that. But they did.
Try it and hopefully they can help out the same way.
Now that's some killer advice

Forget the store rep. Go directly to Oakley Customer service. Last year I had an issue with a seller who sold me a fake Radar. I pointed out all the reasons why it was fake (wrong SKU, wrong vault and other details). Still the guy was incredulous. I ended up filing a claim with eBay/Paypal. They asked me to produce evidence backing up my claim.

I called customer service, explained the situation. They asked me to send them all details by email (including pics). 2-3 days later I got an official email response from them documenting that they were fake so I could use that in my claim.

That was last year and a lot of people here were surprised Oakley CS was able/willing to help like that. But they did.
Try it and hopefully they can help out the same way.
With his luck they would say these are fake too. Gotta remember CS isn't what it used to be.

They're definitely legit.

With his luck they would say these are fake too. Gotta remember CS isn't what it used to be.

They're definitely legit.

Agreed. And when I seeked advice on my issue last year that was also the prevalent sentiment among the folks that gave feedback. Honestly even I did not expect to get anywhere with CS.
But they came through. So at the very least I'd say it's worth a shot.

UPDATE: I heard from the seller over the weekend. The buyer returned to the O Store and spoke with a manager. The manager confirmed that his eyewear was 100% authentic and apologized for the "new" employee providing incorrect information. The buyer was offered a nice discount towards his next eyewear purchase.
Glad to hear there was a positive ending

Back