• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Frogskins (4th Generation). A Complete List.

Romeo Van Frogskinstein

I should Work at Oakley
England
In view of the change to the connection between the arm and the orbital expanded with the 2017 releases, it would seem appropriate to consider this a 4th generation of the Frogskin model, and as a result a complete list for these will be necessary to differentiate them from the 3rd generation for which there is already an extensive list. I would anticipate this change would be thought of as a significant improvement in design, and may inspire an incentive to develop a collection of this new version, not only for those already entrenched in it's predecessor, but for those who feel helpless to make significant inroads into the multitude of gen 3 glasses, who can build a strong catalogue of the newer type from the outset. A new generation suggests the life of the model is far from over. Any additional information will be useful in developing the thread further.

Eclipse Blue - Sapphire OO9013-A9 Eclipse Collection, black box
Eclipse Clear - Black OO9013-B1 Eclipse Collection, black box
Eclipse Green - Jade OO9013-A8 Eclipse Collection, black box
Eclipse Red - Torch OO9013-A7 Eclipse Collection, black box
Lead - Black - OO9013-87 Metal Collection, black box (also manufactured as 3rd gen)
Matte Clear/Matte Transparent Blue - Sapphire OO9013-B255 Colorblock Collection
Matte Clear/Matte Transparent Pink - Torch OO9013-B355 Colorblock Collection
Matte Clear/Matte Uranium - Jade OO9013-B455 Colorblock Collection
Polished Black - Grey 23-306 Clear box then transitioned to black box (also manufactured as 3rd gen)
Polished Black - Prizm Black OO9013-C455 Black box
Polished Clear - Violet 23-305 Clear box

Last edited:
The lead frogs are also Gen 4. Plus I have older pairs here that are Gen 4 like a polished black with grey 24-306

Are the size and shape of the lenses the same across Gen 3 and Gen 4 Frogskins?

Same lense size they just have an upgraded hinge that has like a spring loaded feel. Honestly it makes them feel less cheap.. I think the pairs that sell well and anything new will be Gen 4. Ie the big sellers. Polished clear violet. Matte black violet. Polished white ruby. Polished black grey. Etc etc.

Last edited:
Same lense size they just have an upgraded hinge that has like a spring loaded feel. Honestly it makes them feel less cheap.. I think the pairs that sell well and anything new will be Gen 3. Ie the big sellers. Polished clear violet. Matte black violet. Polished white ruby. Polished black grey. Etc etc.
It sounds like it's a revised cam hinge for the Frogskin...

Latest Posts

Back