• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Frogskins BLENDS

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

ok guys, I never heard of these until today, I am looking to purchase a pair of brand new in box Blends... So yea does anyone have a complete set and in flawless condition? As for price... i have no idea as to what a fair price is so let me know what you want for them, I am sure by now most of you know I am serious buyer...

For all others please do not spam the page with what you think a fair price is... If i need input i will ask on another thread thanks!

~greg

Some people reacted to this post.
Feel free to PM me if you have a pair... and you can be assured that I will handle all PM with discretion

If you purchase a pair of Blends my advice would be to ensure it has the box with the original label that will certainly distinguish it from a fake, the label is itself unique in style but with so few produced (some sources say 20, others 30 pairs) and most if not all by now settled in serious collections coupled with the general opinion it is a masterpiece few ever surface. I paid £938 for my own complete pristine pair in 2012 so you could use something around that figure as a benchmark on value. Although some Frogskins have reduced in collector demand over time I do not anticipate that to be the case with this legend.

Username Hidden said:
If you purchase a pair of Blends my advice would be to ensure it has the box with the original label that will certainly distinguish it from a fake, the label is itself unique in style but with so few produced (some sources say 20, others 30 pairs) and most if not all by now settled in serious collections coupled with the general opinion it is a masterpiece few ever surface. I paid £938 for my own complete pristine pair in 2012 so you could use something around that figure as a benchmark on value. Although some Frogskins have reduced in collector demand over time I do not anticipate that to be the case with this legend.

Thank you sooooo much for giving useful information! Wow around 30 pairs... well hopefully I get my name out there and if someone falls on hard times and wants to move a pair, they will know who to come too!!! 938 pounds though wow that is like elite status. But it seems worth it. Before I purchase I will def consult Forum members that have pristine reputations to verify for me. Thank you once again for the input..

I do know that there are forum members that are happy having fakes that look just like the real ones

Username Hidden said:
I do know that there are forum members that are happy having fakes that look just like the real ones

Eric... You're lucky I am not a moderated. You should be banned for just mentioning fakes to me. I am not in the oakley game to collect fakes glasses come on man... This is the major leagues here

Username Hidden said:

what he said!!!!! lots of fakes

Username Hidden said:
Eric... You're lucky I am not a moderated. You should be banned for just mentioning fakes to me. I am not in the oakley game to collect fakes glasses come on man... This is the major leagues here
What I was trying to imply is that the people that are accepting of their fakes have the same thought process and some are strictly Frog collectors. That's how hard they are to get your hands on.

Username Hidden said:

lol. Im literally laughing out loud

Username Hidden said:
What I was trying to imply is that the people that are accepting of their fakes have the same thought process and some are strictly Frog collectors. That's how hard they are to get your hands on.

Agreed, its crazy how "good" the Blends fakes are. I would say of all the "better fakes" being mindlessly sold on ebay, the Blends are the hardest to tell. Ash is right, if you going to hunt the Blends - get the complete set. Box, receipt etc.

Back