• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Frogskins Gen1

Tunnie

Oakley Enthusiast
BKK & NYC
I have questions regarding the Frogskins Gen 1 as follow,

1. How old is it and is it still durable enough for Daily wear?
2. Are lenses from current gen Frogskins fit?
3. How much do you think is the fair price?
4. Is it a good investment in collection?

Below is the actual pic of the Gen 1 offered by a collector (asking for $225). What do you think?
mattertbfire08.jpg

1 - Late 80's/early 90's
2 - Hard to tell but honestly I wouldn't say it matters; The lenses are the same on both
3 - Could be anywhere from $150 to $250 (Matte Rootbeer is a more sought after colorway and always pulls higher prices)
4 - I'd say it'd be a good piece if you want Frogskins represented in your collection, especially if you don't have a Gen 1 already; These started it all!

$225 is a little high IMO but if it's new with original box it's not a bad grab.

I don't believe the new lenses will fit into gen 1s - but those look like they are in good shape! They should be fine for daily wear, and I agree with Batwolf on price - if you love it, $225 isn't bad!

The new lenses fit in Gen 1's, I've done swaps in a few pairs.

I don't know if old lenses will fit in the new frames though.

Thanks guys for the replies.

The reason I asked about the lens size is that I do have many pairs of Rx lenses made for my current gen Frogskins laying around. If I was to get the Gen 1, it would be a great that I can use the lenses than I already have.

I used to have up to 9 Frogskins in my collection, but decided to keep just the Jupiter Camo to represent the only Frogskins in my collection. But it would be great to have Gen 1 while I still can grab them as I reckon it's cooler as a conversation starter than the current gen in my opinion.

I do agree that $225 is a little high, but if it worths to have one, I'll grab it.

I think that was late last year. There was on seller one ebay who happened to sell this kind of pair from 89-109(BIN/ auction) a pop. I was able to get one and after that, another seller from ebay listed it at raped price.

225 is too much IMO, 150 is fair.