• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

frogskins general questions

ewire007

Oakley Enthusiast
I'm curious about them I have the Holbrooks,but now I'm thinking of getting a pair of frogskins.I'm overwhelmed with the vast array of variations.It seems to be a timeless classic and possibly an essential to every collection.So I'm wondering what is the model to get?

I'm curious about them I have the Holbrooks,but now I'm thinking of getting a pair of frogskins.I'm overwhelmed with the vast array of variations.It seems to be a timeless classic and possibly an essential to every collection.So I'm wondering what is the model to get?

You've alreaady made tbe observation about the amaount of Frog colourways out there. Think about the use you want to put them to other than the obvious. What occasion are you going to use them: general wear, outings, sports....etc

And be careful, once you buy that first pair there will be many more to follow lol. I just got into Frogs and now have 9 pair and counting. Here is a pic of most of them ( 2 pair are in transit and one is in my truck ).

image.jpeg

And be careful, once you buy that first pair there will be many more to follow lol. I just got into Frogs and now have 9 pair and counting. Here is a pic of most of them ( 2 pair are in transit and one is in my truck ).
Yes,that could be a problem I'm lucky it didn't happen with the Holbrooks.I've just got one so far,but I'm tempted to get a clear one.

View attachment 403693

I'm thinking hopefully I can buy only one at least to start with.Of course choosing which one is the hard part.I do really like the matte black with white logo.

The man you should ask is @SoulFulFrog
He has one or two Frogs and Holbrooks :D. He's the guy to ask for sure. I have 5 Frogs and 1 Holbrook but all are worn by my wife and kids. I can pull off the Holbrook but find the Frog arms are too short and my wife laughs every time I try one on :oops:

A good spot to pick up discounted Oakleys is 6pm.com. They have free shipping in the US.

If you are feeling patriotic, here's a nice Team USA Frogskin for $59.99 USD. I'm a big fan of the positive red lenses:
Oakley Team USA Frogskin at 6pm

They also have a nice matte blue Frog for $49.99. It doesn't say what the lens is:
Oakley Frogskins at 6pm

There are a few Frogs listed but I only noticed one Holbrook; this steel/grey polarized pair for $84.99:
Oakley (A) Holbrook at 6pm

FWIW: The fit of the classic Frogs (I don't know about the new versions) and the 'Brooks is very different to me. I found the Frogs to be much too tight in the temple area. Try before you buy.

Back