• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Tunnie

Oakley Enthusiast
BKK & NYC
Learn what makes Oakley Frogskins LX different than the standard Frogskins sunglasses and see what our members had to say!

Background

Well, I’ve been in New York for the last 6 months and never heard anything about the Oakley Frogskins LX at all until a week ago when I saw an old post in a local forum.

As I’ve recently posted a thread “Too bored of Frogskins” and got rid of most of my Frogs, which were Smog Plaid, Marine Fade, Grenade Fade, VR46, Blacklight Green, and Polished Black. Now that I have only the Jupiter Camo to represent my Frogskins collection, it was less than thrill for me about this find. Be sure to check out our complete guide to Oakley Frogskins for more information.

As I’m nearsighted and need
Continue reading...
frogskins-lx.jpg

B3B97348-7404-4F50-A5B8-670FAD17D71A-1660-0000017EC592903F_zpseef283ed.jpg

C5FFF72E-F58D-43F0-8D13-84972DE2F4DC-1660-0000017EC130D830_zps45a22694.jpg

56D2D11B-365A-42CE-9DE7-40171F086CC8-1660-0000017EBD6030CE_zps9ae78ff9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Frogskins LX are an Asian exclusive for now, but weren't popular at all, and may hit the states sooner rather than later. Was told the lenses are not compatible with the regular frogs though.

There are quite a few threads written abt the LX series previously actually.

My Frogskin LX titanium, has a "China" stamp inside the stem
Still waiting for chance to drop by warranty center to replace my crack lens due to the disspointing acetate frame
As mentioned b4" acetate frame: not very suitable for hotter countries

jonoyong said:
Frogskins LX are an Asian exclusive for now, but weren't popular at all, and may hit the states sooner rather than later. Was told the lenses are not compatible with the regular frogs though.

There are quite a few threads written abt the LX series previously actually.

Pretty sure they aren't Asia exclusive any more. They were at the store in Vancouver, Canada.
I could very well be wrong though.

don't think you're wrong dude, there was talk that they were moving them onto the States and UK etc. coz sales in Asia were not that fantastic, they weren't exactly flying off the shelves. =)

as for lens fitting, that info was told to me by a sales rep, and we all know how accurate their info can be at times. so unless someone wanna give it a shot and do an actual lens swap, we will never know for sure i guess. ha!

ive been told from good source it dosn't work but havnt tried myself

Back