• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Frogskins LX Tortoise-which Lenses?

zackedoo

Oakley Beginner
Hey all. I've decided to get a pair of the Dark Brown Tortoise LXs, but I'm not a huge fan of the plain bronze lenses. I'm looking for opinions on which lens colors might look good in these frames. Right now Emerald is my front-runner. Any input?

Before you buy them hoping to swap the lenses id make sure you can. I tried to put normal frogskins lenses in my LX's and I gave up because it felt like something was going to snap because of the amount of pressure i was putting on everything to get them in. The acetate frames on the frogskins LX's are alot firmer.

i was going to say the same exact thing.. make sure you can change the lenses, mine didnt want to come out so easily..btw, the lenses in the tortoise ones actually might grow on you..they did for me

I went to my local O store yesterday and the guy there assured me that the lenses could be switched and even said he would do it for me without me asking. I was thinking if I do decide to swap I'd just bring them there for him to do just in case.

rightcoastnj: I'm hoping they grow on me, I don't necessarily want to spend money on extra lenses-might as well get a polarized pair at that point! In this case for me it's more about what I see out of them than it is about what they look like. That being said, I think a pair of Emerald lenses would look so sweet in these frames...

Thats the ideal situation then zackedoo ask him to swap em over before you purchase and if he snaps your **** up its not your problem :beach:
They probably do swap over ok but IMO those frame wont appreciate your chopping lenses over to often. Let us know how you or the O store guy get on with it

Back