• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Frogskins Packaging Goes Cheap

I bought a pair of Fonseca Antix on O.com and they came with the Koi bag.
When I saw them later on Vault.com I bought 2 pair fully expecting that they would have the cool bags and they had been de-contented, arriving with shi**y black bags. :(

Some of these cost saving moves just don't seem to make any sense. If the Fonseca hit the Vault, they were most likely discontinued or O was overstocked with them. So it would be safe to assume that the production run had concluded. I wouldn't think that they would be manufacturing more pairs specifically to be sold at the lower price point at the Vault. Moving forward with that assumption, the bags had already been manufactured and packaged with the glasses. So it doesn't make much sense to remove them and swap in a black bag. Maybe if O was selling the Fonseca bag separately it would make sense; but they aren't. So why bother?

Maybe if O was selling the Fonseca bag separately it would make sense; but they aren't. So why bother?
Switched out by warehouse folks that wanted the bags and figured that the buyer of them at discount wouldn't mind/notice?
Swapped out and wound up in the microbag bin at Vault checkouts for 3 for $15 or whatever the deal is?

Oakley store employees I spoke to all hated the clear boxes, always breaking and cracked. I prefer the look but have had to say not to pairs that came in cracked clear boxes numerous times at my local stores. Seems like they are phasing the clear boxes out because stores are getting shipments still with both it seems.

Latest Posts

Back