• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Frogskins Quality

FilipePT

Oakley Beginner
Today I went to a store to prove some frogskins, were crystal black and I felt they were very light and fragile, but I could be wrong.

Someone has a crystal frame?

After each hollbrook tasted and seemed to be more solid and sturdy, but not so well got in my face

Frogskins are made from O-Matter and are light frames, perfect for wearing all day if necessary. They're not fragile either, I've dropped many pairs of Frogskins and they've never chipped, cracked or broken. You really have to bash them to do any noticeable damage.

but I shook his glasses when he felt loose and fragile.

But then I got into some frogskins matte, and a polished black and appeared to be stronger.

Does the frame in crystal are more fragile?

Its my opinion that crystal frames have a smoother finish and as a result the hinges move more freely.

I have the same experience.

Apart from this matte frames have a bit more of a durable feel maybe because of different tactile properties. But as jk-27 said before they are all made from o-matter so they must be just as durable.

I have been wearing my rootbeer/cyan fade Frogskins daily for about two years(it is also a polished frame) and have dropped them many times. There is not the slightest hint that they are affected.

They do seem light when you compare them to holbrooks, or ray-bans. They are actually pretty strong for how light they are, which is why I wont even wear my ray-ban wayfarers anymore. They are super comfortable on your face, like there not even there!

Back