• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Frogskins Sharks

FrogTastic

Friend of the Frog
London, UK
:confused:

Whats the deal?

I dont really understand why we(Frogskin fans) are going out of our way to rip eachother off. When will someone realise, paying $800 for a pair of sunnies that retailed last week for $150, is crazy? We ourselves are letting this happen. We ourselves are increasing the price on this product that we are trying to get. Just look at the Blends - 4k for a pair of sunnies given away for free.

I understand value, but come on!

Am i alone?

I totally agree with you here. Some of the prices are getting pretty ridiculous. I see some collectors helping each other out. A lot of us know we aren't going to pay retail for something rare, but some people try to milk us for every cent. For example, I found someone who was going to sell me CMONWEALTH + Red, and he wanted $700! I know it's rare but not worth that much. When I told him I thought that was too high, he laughed and said good luck.

I agree with this completely.. It's not just with frogs though either. Seems like everything Oakley we all want anymore is just skyrocketing in price all over the globe. The last crazy outrageous price i saw was the DQM that sold about a week ago for US $1,200. Just sheer stupidity in my opinion. Although they are incredibly rare at only 50 pairs there is no reason they should be that much....

i´m with you guys!!!
the problem is that people still pay that much for an rare piece of OAKLEY. but if i would get an offer for a rare Frogskin, Ichiro or Gascan like $1,200 i would say yes man give me your money and i will go straight online and buy some new stuff!!
nobody is willing to let some stuff go for retail!

for instant i´m looking for a long time to get one of the first Shaun White Frogskin..... but now way to get it cheaper than 300% over retail price...

Come on now, there's double standards going on here.

No one is making you pay that amount of money. Your gripe is you can't get what you want at a price you want to pay. There's plenty of things in life that we want but can't afford, it's the way it goes. You're really upset with yourself because you collect and want to have something but can't afford it/obtain it. It's not the sellers fault that they won't meet your price.

And we all know there are people on here who are charging more for products that can still be bought for less at RRP, so practice what you preach or don't preach.

Like I said in my post, I am not griping about the high prices of frogs. I've paid a pretty penny for a pair that I've wanted. My gripe was towards the sellers who try to rip off other collector's for more than what a certain pair is worth. For example, I was finally able to get a pair of commonwealth positive reds. I found a legit seller who gave me a good deal for $375.00. The first person I found wanted $700 and I just thought that was a ridiculous price.

Come on now, there's double standards going on here.

No one is making you pay that amount of money. Your gripe is you can't get what you want at a price you want to pay. There's plenty of things in life that we want but can't afford, it's the way it goes. You're really upset with yourself because you collect and want to have something but can't afford it/obtain it. It's not the sellers fault that they won't meet your price.

And we all know there are people on here who are charging more for products that can still be bought for less at RRP, so practice what you preach or don't preach.

Lets be honest where all stupid for paying rrp for them...they must cost pennies to make out in asia...

JK, agreed. But SW, Camo and Acids are still easily available at retail. I'm no saying sell for profit, but where are these guy on eBay getting the $2500 plus pricetag for blends etc?

We know they are plucking the number out of the air but everybody sets a price on something, and it's the value the seller has set on the item. Maybe they have set it at that price because they really want to keep them and will only let them go for silly money, they might be quite happy they're not selling.

For me, the blends are a true collectors item. We can all collect Frogskins but that will mostly entail buying a product in the range of colours it is sold in. The blends are something completely different in that they were never officially sold and it's a manufacturing process that has not and probably will not be repeated on any more Frogskins. They are unbelievably unique. The Camo, Fice, Colettes, BKRW's etc are Frogskins painted in a limited colour scheme but the blends are more than just a custom paint job, they're a custom manufacturing job, so I'd expect a very expensive price tag. For me, they are worth more than any of the other Frogskins. The issue really is, is it worth $2500? Well, if I was a famous actor or sports star and could buy them, I'd pay that price because I can. Which really goes back to the whole idea of buying what you can afford to buy, and I can't afford to buy them. That's part and parcel of being a collector.

O-Rider makes a good point, everything we buy cost less to make then what we pay for it, so a true value of an item can only be decided by us individually. The sellers have their ideas of value and buyers have their idea, the trick is trying to get those two separate ideas to meet so a purchase can be made. Sometimes they will, sometimes they won't, you just have to keep shopping around.

Back