• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Frogskins Vs Jupiter Vs Holbrook

Batwolf

Double Team
Premium Member
Portland, OR
With these 3 basic styles being the main throwback 80's-esque pair to have, which do you guys prefer? I used to not like the flimsiness of the Frogskins however after getting accustomed to them I like having them as a light pair that won't hurt my nose after wearing them all day. The Jupiter however has a superior fit in terms of how it stays on, as well as the Holbrook too for when you want to have a different look from the traditional Wayfarer/Frogskins. So which do you guys prefer?

You're Definitely right on the Jupiter's being a superior fit. i can assure that too by a 110% so that's the one i mostly prefer besides the frogskins.

Upon inspecting the holbrook (didn't buy purchased one btw) it feels like a second tier Ray-Ban Wayfarer ;)

BTW here's my Frogskins & Jupiter
5671560921_29d266a9d9_z.jpg

Oakley Frogskins Polished Black w/ +Red Ruby Iridium
Oakley Jupiter Julian Wilson Australia Exclusive Polished Black w/ Ice Iridium
Oakley Jupiter Polished Clear w/ Violet Iridium

throwbackchampion said:
Upon inspecting the holbrook (didn't buy purchased one btw) it feels like a second tier Ray-Ban Wayfarer ;)

Why do you say that? Because of the bolts? The Jupiter silhouette is much similar to the Wayfarers than the Holbrooks.

Holbrooks hands down are the best of the three (imo). For my large, rectanglur shaped head, the larger, square lenses accentuate my face perfectly. Frogskins are a classic, theres no doubt about that, but they look silly on me. I do like Jupiters as well, but as soon as I bought my first Holbrook, I stopped wearing everything else.

Holbrook > Frogskin > Jupiter.

Having tried out all three I preferred the fit of the Holbrook the best. Nothing against the others, but i feel the fit was superior. In terms of looks I'd say Frogs and Holbrooks are both ahead of the Jupiter.

I've got two pairs of Frogskins, and Original pair (Made in Japan), and a new pair, and I love them both, but I think thats just the fan boy in me ;p

I really want to pick myself up a pair of MotoGP Holbrook though because they fit 10x better, but I'm Asian so I'm limited what I can wear anyway xD

In terms of look though there's not an awful lot between them, but I'd say Frogskins > Holbrook > Jupiter but I'm sure there are many that would disagree.

Which one is bigger ou larger?

I've got two pairs of Frogskins, and Original pair (Made in Japan), and a new pair, and I love them both, but I think thats just the fan boy in me ;p

I really want to pick myself up a pair of MotoGP Holbrook though because they fit 10x better, but I'm Asian so I'm limited what I can wear anyway xD

In terms of look though there's not an awful lot between them, but I'd say Frogskins > Holbrook > Jupiter but I'm sure there are many that would disagree.

I'm importing one of those or two, since I'm in Brazil is very hard to find the new ones around, But first I would like to know which one is bigger, Holbrook or Frogskins???

Holbrook is the way to go. Not really a wayfarer design at all IMO, frogskin and jupiter are much closer to the wayfarer. Holbrook fits me much better, and has more of a masculine presence imo

Are the Holdbrooks a good fit for a "larger" head? I hate to ask here but I have yet to try a pair on. For comparison Fuel Cells, Monster Dogs, Pit Bulls fit me well.

Are the Holdbrooks a good fit for a "larger" head?

Yes. You should be good if the three frames you mentioned work for you. However, definitely try them on before you buy. While they may fit you just may not like how they look on you. Or you could post on here in the "Ok do these suit me" thread for some honest opinions.

Back