• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

From beater pair of Juliets to these....

Just got my XX and Juliet back from Zach - holy hell, i will refrain from telling you how tight these are so that I won't get banned again...

But yes, Zach tightened these things up like crazy :)

I would go as far as to say they're "XMan Tight", which is great news for our forum...

What a good problem it is to have when deciding on who to send frames to for customization hahaha !!!

Y'all two are the best :) @zwc0442 @THE X-MAN

Told ya @Litos !!

I have a few of the same couplers but have yet to test them.

If you don't want it crazy glue stiff, @scienergy 's couplers are perfect!

Need your opinion guys. Did a quick lens change. Should I stick with Emerald and Gold?

E63FCCC7-9AA2-429F-B5FE-79698811EA64_zpsnyzkzgcf.jpg

E10FB817-FAAE-4787-A525-2007A24DEA70_zpszenkjzoj.jpg

Yay or nay?

Need your opinion guys. Did a quick lens change. Should I stick with Emerald and Gold?

E63FCCC7-9AA2-429F-B5FE-79698811EA64_zpsnyzkzgcf.jpg

E10FB817-FAAE-4787-A525-2007A24DEA70_zpszenkjzoj.jpg

Yay or nay?
there is a reason that those lenses work aesthetically like the oems. the lenses with light to no iridium subdues the flash of the frame. funny saying this but, traditionalist xmetal fans (i consider myself one but am open to litosification when the freakishly blingy stuff actually looks good) have a rule of thumb: shiny/blingy frame + subdued neutral lens OR matte frame + blingy iridium lens = Xmetal-vana.

the contrast play of a shiny frame and subtle lense or vice versa makes for a balance of tastefulness and edginess at the same time. too shiny+shiny tends to look fake/cheap and subtle+subtle tends to go "meh". there are of course the exceptions to this rule which is overridden by BEAUTY IN YOUR POINT OF VIEW.

so to sum it up, do what looks good to you and dont look back, you are rocking xmetals after all.

there is a reason that those lenses work aesthetically like the oems. the lenses with light to no iridium subdues the flash of the frame. funny saying this but, traditionalist xmetal fans (i consider myself one but am open to litosification when the freakishly blingy stuff actually looks good) have a rule of thumb: shiny/blingy frame + subdued neutral lens OR matte frame + blingy iridium lens = Xmetal-vana.

the contrast play of a shiny frame and subtle lense or vice versa makes for a balance of tastefulness and edginess at the same time. too shiny+shiny tends to look fake/cheap and subtle+subtle tends to go "meh". there are of course the exceptions to this rule which is overridden by BEAUTY IN YOUR POINT OF VIEW.

so to sum it up, do what looks good to you and dont look back, you are rocking xmetals after all.
You have a point :)

Black glasses with BIP make me sick to my stomach because they're boring and bland...

......but throw a Ruby or Fire or Sapphire in the black frame and it immediately becomes a winner !!!

But that's just my personal opinion :)

You have a point :)

Black glasses with BIP make me sick to my stomach because they're boring and bland...

......but throw a Ruby or Fire or Sapphire in the black frame and it immediately becomes a winner !!!

But that's just my personal opinion :)

I'm totally opposite in regards to a black frame and lenses. My Carbon Juliet's have BIP's and don't plan to change that. But then again, I have to wear a suit everyday. It took me a while to conclude what would be best for me.

Thanks. Wished that I read your post prior to, just purchased Titanium Polarized lenses lol.

Looks like you will need to find a frame for some copper plating to go with your new Ti polars.

I think @dragonvoi hit the nail on the head regarding blingy frames and subtle lenses going together and vice versa.

I really liked the emerald with the gold too! Although emerald is an iridium lens, it is subtle and classy so it works. Just my opinion of course!