• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

FS: Julian Wilson Dispatch, X Squared

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Username Hidden said:
I'm new to this forum - what's with the angst! If a simple box will solve the problem, I have a spare Julian Wilson box and I will happily send it for the price of a stamp and some good karma.

...just to be clear I live north of the border so the price of that stamp will be slightly more than it would be if I were in the US.

Have a happy day!
im about to find a taxi, tell the driver to drive me to the golden gate bridge, and im giong to jump off that golden gate bridge.
by the way, pm me ur info lmao.

Some people reacted to this post.
I'll vouch for Oakster, I've bought stuff from him before. He's a good man!! Welcome to the forum Oakster, good to have you here.

christ. its ok Yoshi.. thank god for oakster - one great addition to this community. peace y'all/

Yoshi has clearly been looking for this box for a while and has had the carpet yanked out from under him one to many times is my guess. I personally don't give a damn about the boxes, but some collectors here do and Yoshi is one of them. We had a deal pending a box and bag on a pair of Moto GP Holbrooks but I couldn't get the box so no deal. To each there own.

Username Hidden said:
Yoshi has clearly been looking for this box for a while and has had the carpet yanked out from under him one to many times is my guess. I personally don't give a damn about the boxes, but some collectors here do and Yoshi is one of them. We had a deal pending a box and bag on a pair of Moto GP Holbrooks but I couldn't get the box so no deal. To each there own.
It irks me when I can't have the box...it may just be a colored bit of cardboard to most, but for me i even keep the plastic baggie those square o hard cases come in, and i keep the boxes the cases come in in a desk drawer.

But I do find the box just as worth as the bag and glasses themselves.
I hate to sound anal but I do love especially having signature series frame boxes, just makes having the glasses so much more enjoyable to display...my fav box design has to be the canvas fuel cell box artwork, plus the larger box to accomodate the hard case is a plus. But im sorry for being so picky about this.. I tried buying a BNIB julian wilson Dispatch off a site, but they charged me an extra $15 in taxes which i felt was bull.

I don't think you guys are crazy - imagine a Mars Leather without a box?!?!

Username Hidden said:
I don't think you guys are crazy - imagine a Mars Leather without a box?!?!
Imagine a MARS leather without the LEATHER! GASP! GOD FORBID! oh wait, that's called the crater.:doh:
but if boxes weren't worth anything, dont you think oakley wouldn't bother doing specially designed artwork on boxes then?

You don't have to justify it to me, I've got my quirks about certain things. It's what makes us, us. You want to meet a group of people who are anal about stuff and are set in their ways? Start hanging out with a few triathlete's. I've become one of them, and man alive what a fussy bunch we are. Everything has to be perfect or the whole day can go to ****, and I'm not just talking about race day. I like to think I'm fairly laid back but if I miss a workout because of somebody else the world better watch out. My wife has givin me **** and made me go for a 3 hour bike ride because I was a cranky ass hole and was acting like another kid, I came home a new man.

I'm also very fussy when it comes to storing my tri gear, my wheels all hang neatly on the wall out of reach of my kids along with my bikes, my running/cycling shoes are neatly lined up along the wall like a person with OCD would line their's up. But my normal shoes get kicked off my feet and land where they may when I walk in the door.

Go figure, to each there own. I hope you get your box, you collect them as well as the glasses and nobody on this forum questions each other and how weird it is to have 50+ pairs of Oakleys.

Username Hidden said:
You don't have to justify it to me, I've got my quirks about certain things. It's what makes us, us. You want to meet a group of people who are anal about stuff and are set in their ways? Start hanging out with a few triathlete's. I've become one of them, and man alive what a fussy bunch we are. Everything has to be perfect or the whole day can go to ****, and I'm not just talking about race day. I like to think I'm fairly laid back but if I miss a workout because of somebody else the world better watch out. My wife has givin me **** and made me go for a 3 hour bike ride because I was a cranky ass hole and was acting like another kid, I came home a new man.

I'm also very fussy when it comes to storing my tri gear, my wheels all hang neatly on the wall out of reach of my kids along with my bikes, my running/cycling shoes are neatly lined up along the wall like a person with OCD would line their's up. But my normal shoes get kicked off my feet and land where they may when I walk in the door.

Go figure, to each there own. I hope you get your box, you collect them as well as the glasses and nobody on this forum questions each other and how weird it is to have 50+ pairs of Oakleys.
Well in your defense jfiori, you are one of the few people in this world who can say they are triatheletes, im always just outright amazed at what your body is capable of enduring in those races, swimming, cycling, running. It's truly impressive, and your drive for perfection and always wanting to do better. Ive always thought triatheltes were a bit OCD, but only because they like to be on top of everything, have a high level of detail.
Im a bit OCD with my coffee walk each morning unless $ makes it different.

cycling and being active is you. it may be good or bad but it's what makes you happy.

I know Oakley vaults have a history text Antix...I don't have the box for that sadly.
I need to buy another history text polarized fuel cell since mine doesn't have the box.

but other than those two, and the julian wilson dispatch box im good on boxes. my motogp dispatch box is a bit beat up...i may replace that one soon. You truly never run out of Oakley stuff to buy. especially when your anal like me and like having boxes of boxes. May be a bit of my aspie'ness in me wanting everything that comes with something. I bought a motogp dispatch off ebay which became a disaster, just because i traded off the cardboard icon card that comes with them to peeza. Thankfully the seller was nice enought o give me a full refund and keep the glasses for my trouble.

I'd rather just buy another julian wilson dispatch...mine has a tiny scratch in the left lens which is driving me nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.