• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sold Fuel Cell, Scalpel, Vintage XX Glasses +lenses +rubber +boxes

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

Looking to pass on a few of the O-Matter frames as I move more into metals. All pairs are WTS, but would also consider trades for X-Metal XX items (lenses, rubbers, etc), possibly for other metals +cash depending on the deal. I've done my best to describe everything accurately, trying to err on the side of being overly harsh in ratings rather than the best possible ratings. Don't be afraid to make offers if you feel the prices are off.

All items are priced shipped in the US via USPS with payment via PayPal F&F. If you'd rather pay the fees, add 4% to each price. I'd like to sell all the items as I have them grouped rather than parting them out if possible.

Fuel Cell- $90

Matte Black Frame, Gunmetal Icons. Came with Grey Polarized lenses, currently has Violet Iridium installed. Comes with glasses, microbag, both sets of lenses, and a generic box to protect them during shipping.

Frame overall is 8/10. These have been worn often but the arms are still tight and snap into place, with minor rubbing marks and very minor scuffs here and there.

Violet Iridium lenses are 9/10 or better. As clean as they could be for being installed and worn.

Grey Polarized lenses are 6.5-7/10 or better. No peeling or anything, minimal marks from cleaning and wear, no noticeable scratches. Every so often if the light catches them just right there appears to be small dotting on the upper sections of the lenses. No idea what this is from, but it doesn't affect vision at all.

hexc.jpg
yasy.jpg

Scalpel- $90

Dark Grey Frame, Red Icons. Came with +Red Iridium lenses (installed), also includes Black Iridium lenses. Comes with glasses, microbag, matching box/paperwork, and both sets of lenses.

Frame overall is 7.5-8/10. These were worn pretty heavily for awhile but they've been well cared for. The rubber is all still in good shape, and the frames are also in good shape. There are a couple small spots where the paint has rubbed off from swapping lenses and from opening/closing, but it isn't noticeable while wearing them. The arms are also a little loose as they open and close, but they don't have play in them top to bottom.

+Red Iridium lenses are 8/10 or better. Maybe some very minor cleaning marks, but otherwise scratch free and clear.

Black Iridium lenses are 9/10 or better. As good as it gets for being installed and worn.

One thing to mention about both sets of lenses for this frame- Around the edges of the lenses, there are very small sections where the Iridium is missing. I don't believe it's anything damaging to the lenses, as every set of Scalpel lenses I've purchased/seen from Oakley all have this. Just giving full disclosure so you aren't surprised, and the small gaps in the Iridium don't show at all when the lenses are installed.

f0vp.jpg
fy65.jpg
gith.jpg

XX- $85

Black Frame, Silver Icons. Came with Persimmon lenses (installed). Comes with glasses, 2 microbags, box/paperwork that matches frame but not lenses, and a brand new black rubber kit.

Frame overall is 9/10. For their age this pair has really stood the test of time. The arms are tight, and the nose bridge logo is pristine. The installed rubber is in good shape and has a lot of life left, however the earsocks do seem to be stretched just a little from removing and cleaning them, and one side does have a very small tear starting to form. I can't find any dings of scratches in this frame.

Persimmon lenses are 6.5/10. The rating is harsh because there are scratches on the lenses, however none of them are in my line of sight when wearing them. The left lens has a couple of surface scratches from cleaning, nothing major. The right lens does have one deeper scratch, maybe 1/4" or less. The scratch isn't super deep, and it's very hard to get a picture of. The one picture I did get made it look worse than it looks in person.

l6n7.jpg
x0vg.jpg
5vsc.jpg
vruq.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Some people reacted to this post.
How much for the gray polarized lens for the fulies?

Tried to reply to this early but I guess it didn't post. @Ecko for now I'd like to sell things together as a group. If I decide to break them up I'll PM you and let you know.

Ok thanks.

Username Hidden said:
Looking to pass on a few of the O-Matter frames as I move more into metals. All pairs are WTS, but would also consider trades for X-Metal XX items (lenses, rubbers, etc), possibly for other metals +cash depending on the deal. I've done my best to describe everything accurately, trying to err on the side of being overly harsh in ratings rather than the best possible ratings. Don't be afraid to make offers if you feel the prices are off.

All items are priced shipped in the US via USPS with payment via PayPal F&F. If you'd rather pay the fees, add 4% to each price. I'd like to sell all the items as I have them grouped rather than parting them out if possible.

Fuel Cell- $90

Matte Black Frame, Gunmetal Icons. Came with Grey Polarized lenses, currently has Violet Iridium installed. Comes with glasses, microbag, both sets of lenses, and a generic box to protect them during shipping.

Frame overall is 8/10. These have been worn often but the arms are still tight and snap into place, with minor rubbing marks and very minor scuffs here and there.

Violet Iridium lenses are 9/10 or better. As clean as they could be for being installed and worn.

Grey Polarized lenses are 6.5-7/10 or better. No peeling or anything, minimal marks from cleaning and wear, no noticeable scratches. Every so often if the light catches them just right there appears to be small dotting on the upper sections of the lenses. No idea what this is from, but it doesn't affect vision at all.

View attachment 13162
View attachment 13163

Scalpel- $90

Dark Grey Frame, Red Icons. Came with +Red Iridium lenses (installed), also includes Black Iridium lenses. Comes with glasses, microbag, matching box/paperwork, and both sets of lenses.

Frame overall is 7.5-8/10. These were worn pretty heavily for awhile but they've been well cared for. The rubber is all still in good shape, and the frames are also in good shape. There are a couple small spots where the paint has rubbed off from swapping lenses and from opening/closing, but it isn't noticeable while wearing them. The arms are also a little loose as they open and close, but they don't have play in them top to bottom.

+Red Iridium lenses are 8/10 or better. Maybe some very minor cleaning marks, but otherwise scratch free and clear.

Black Iridium lenses are 9/10 or better. As good as it gets for being installed and worn.

One thing to mention about both sets of lenses for this frame- Around the edges of the lenses, there are very small sections where the Iridium is missing. I don't believe it's anything damaging to the lenses, as every set of Scalpel lenses I've purchased/seen from Oakley all have this. Just giving full disclosure so you aren't surprised, and the small gaps in the Iridium don't show at all when the lenses are installed.

View attachment 13164
View attachment 13165
View attachment 13166

XX- $85

Black Frame, Silver Icons. Came with Persimmon lenses (installed). Comes with glasses, 2 microbags, box/paperwork that matches frame but not lenses, and a brand new black rubber kit.

Frame overall is 9/10. For their age this pair has really stood the test of time. The arms are tight, and the nose bridge logo is pristine. The installed rubber is in good shape and has a lot of life left, however the earsocks do seem to be stretched just a little from removing and cleaning them, and one side does have a very small tear starting to form. I can't find any dings of scratches in this frame.

Persimmon lenses are 6.5/10. The rating is harsh because there are scratches on the lenses, however none of them are in my line of sight when wearing them. The left lens has a couple of surface scratches from cleaning, nothing major. The right lens does have one deeper scratch, maybe 1/4" or less. The scratch isn't super deep, and it's very hard to get a picture of. The one picture I did get made it look worse than it looks in person.

View attachment 13167
View attachment 13168
View attachment 13169
View attachment 13170
I’ll take the XX’s does it come with extra black rubber kit pictured??

Username Hidden said:
Think you need to check the date on this thread:p

Username Hidden said:
Lol I’m little late!!

Status
Not open for further replies.