• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fuel cells section

As i keep acquiring more pairs, I find myself searching the threads to find pairs or to see new pairs. It would be nice to be able to find them all in one place and communicate with other like minded fuel heads.

Still bouncing around with the idea. My biggest issue is where do we stop? If Fuel Cells have a section should Gascans? Holbrook? etc. But then again, Frogskins do have a section. Just playing devil's advocate. It's tough.

Any feedback, opinions etc. are always welcomed

Still bouncing around with the idea. My biggest issue is where do we stop? If Fuel Cells have a section should Gascans? Holbrook? etc. But then again, Frogskins do have a section. Just playing devil's advocate. It's tough.

Any feedback, opinions etc. are always welcomed

I kind of agree with OakleyBoss on this one. Holbrooks are my favorite omatter frame but I don't know if I'd like to see a Holbrook section just because again -- where do you draw the line? If you provide a fuel cell section (rather than an active thread or two or three), I feel like it would be hard to not justify also having a Holbrook section, a Gascan section, even a Jupiter Squared or Flak Jacket section. I feel like it's a slippery slope and one of the nice things about having everything housed in Sunglasses Discussion is that it allows for less splintering and less confusion. I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to a dedicated Fuel Cell section but I have a feeling in a month or two another frame group will be clamoring for a section and then another and before you know it, everything is diluted and sliced and diced into a double digit mish-mash of sections.

I do know that if it was to be done we would have to breakdown the thread. Starting with making an "O Matter" section then breaking it down to a fuel cell thread, a holbrook thread, a Gascan thread, etc. We essentially would be creating another section. Thus splitting up the sunglass discussion thread into sub categories in a new section. Moving all the threads would be some work and how much more extensive would it cause the other threads to split.