• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fuel cells

vinnny78

Oakley Beginner
Hi everybody, I am looking for some impute on some new riding glasses. I currently use a pair of flak jackets and wanted to get a new pair of fuel cells for riding. My question is do they stick to your head well enough that they wont fly off while riding? I ride a cruiser with no front fairing. Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome :)

To drive the R1 without a helmet on the circuit I use the x-metal xx with 50's tshocks when I take the 300 km/h they stay in my face but as soon as you turn your head can fly, it is best to secure them with a count like bring the whater jacket, the fuel cell will surely fly away, they don't get too tight on my head, I also have a medium head, I'm not very big-headed

Fuel cells are nice. Big.

No fairing or winshield on your bike and anything could fly off your face unless it has a strap on the back or unless you have a half helmet on and the lip of the helmet kinda keeps em in place.

I'm not a fan of fairings either but I do have a detachable windshield on my FLHRE and I use it whenever I'm on the highway and my glasses never come off, helmet or not

Welcome :)

To drive the R1 without a helmet on the circuit I use the x-metal xx with 50's tshocks when I take the 300 km/h they stay in my face but as soon as you turn your head can fly, it is best to secure them with a count like bring the whater jacket, the fuel cell will surely fly away, they don't get too tight on my head, I also have a medium head, I'm not very big-headed

English please

Fuel cells are nice. Big.

No fairing or winshield on your bike and anything could fly off your face unless it has a strap on the back or unless you have a half helmet on and the lip of the helmet kinda keeps em in place.

I'm not a fan of fairings either but I do have a detachable windshield on my FLHRE and I use it whenever I'm on the highway and my glasses never come off, helmet or not
Thanks for the reply I do wear a half helmet most of the time I am on the bike i just wanted something with more coverage than my flak jackets

Thanks for the reply I do wear a half helmet most of the time I am on the bike i just wanted something with more coverage than my flak jackets

Fuel cells have good coverage I like them because the earstems are flat and fit under the helmet nicely

Last edited by a moderator:
Back