• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fueling My Jackets

pistolpetefan23

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
So got to thinking that I've never really taken any pictures of my whole collection together, so figured it's time. I didn't necessarily set out to do it this way when I started collecting, but not surprised it worked out that way either...but I've got mostly Fuel Cell's and Jackets.

Before I get to what I have below, a few notes. As many know and have bought, I've gone through probably twice as many as this in the last year as I've turned over quite a few things. Among the notables: Soviet Hijinx, special OCP custom breast cancer marathon Antix, two pairs of Juliets, original IH Fuel Cell, Pendleton Fuel Cell, Shaun White polarized matte black Eyepatch 2, polished rootbeer/grey Pit Bull, polished black/warm grey Eyepatch 2, a Split Jacket, a couple Flak's, a Fast Jacket frame, couple Radars, Colorado Custom Look custom Antix, and some others.

I've also gone through several spurts of special edition microbag splurges. Among the ones I've had include Science, Soviet, Devil's Brigade, IH, MFL, Livestrong, Australian red/white/blue Jetty Surf, and others. Have had TACA and IH pins as well.

Until yesterday I also had a Shadow Camo/Black Iridium Straight Jacket (that played into the title a bit more), but decided to give it to my college-aged brother after he asked if he could borrow a pair since he'd just lost his gas station cheapies. I got them at a very reasonable price (ok, less than reasonable) a while back and like them a lot, but have some others to fill similar roles and decided to do something good with them. Now I know I'll be on the hunt to replace them :) :( I will add a picture of them below because they're so fresh.

I have a killer custom military-inspired honor piece to my grandfathers coming from Dr. Chop shortly; a olive drab Fuel Cell with custom graphics. I'll add pics when they get here. Also have a set of new BI lenses for my new Square Wire's coming; trying to talk myself out of replacing the factory Emerald with the BI.

My wife has a Warm Up in polished black/OO Grey Polarized and I got her the Breast Cancer bag to go with it. Also not pictured are a few extra standard black microbags, a couple soft vaults, and quite a few clothing items (several awesome t-shirts, socks, beanie, zip-up fleece).

Ok, down to the nitty gritty, here's my current collection:

Front Row (L to R): Polished black/Ice Iridium Split Jacket with black/white SGH-exclusive camo bag; POW/MIA Fuel Cell; TACA Fuel Cell

2nd Row: Eagle Flak Jacket w/ subdued Flag bag; new Infinite Hero Fuel Cell

3rd Row: Colorado Custom Look custom woodland camo Fast Jacket (black Cerakote icon/switchlock); Team USA Fuel Cell; Matte Black/Grey Polarized SI Fuel Cell w/ SI bag

4th Row: new Square Wire matte black/Emerald Iridium; GP75 Dispatch 2; Polished black/OO Black Iridium Polarized Scalpel (beater/yardwork/lake pair)

5th Row: Brown/white camo SGH-exclusive bag with persimmon Fast Jacket lenses; US flag bag; Kolohe Andino bag with G30 Fast Jacket lenses

IMG_20140609_233222897_zpsebfz6wgl.jpg

IMG_20140609_233340606_zpsawop9x9u.jpg

IMG_20140609_233248690_zpsiu4a0rrd.jpg

IMG_20140609_233236366_zpsrjzm0njs.jpg

IMG_20140609_233325022_zpsqcv73h3s.jpg

IMG_20140609_233311022_zpsjeyyx1kn.jpg

IMG_20140609_233403362_zpsz77dvp1x.jpg

IMG_20140609_233421440_zpsmnqjnl7o.jpg

IMG_20140609_233429142_zpsxfeyym6b.jpg

Shadow Camo Straight Jackets I just gave to my brother:
IMG_20140124_202912046_zps5ejddejd.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry for the beaucoup text and pics; didn't realize it was that long until I hit post. Oh well, if I'm going to do it once a year, might as well do it right.

The camo fast jackets are sweet! Some really awesome pairs, but I think those are my favorite!

The camo fast jackets are sweet! Some really awesome pairs, but I think those are my favorite!
Thanks, @Colorado Custom Look definitely did a great job with them. They have kind of negatively affected my collection though, as I find myself wearing them most of the time (although the Splits have gotten a lot of facetime the last couple weeks, plus the Eagle Flak's on cloudy days) at the expense of many of the other pairs, especially the Fuel Cells. Having three different lens options makes them the easy pair to go with each day, plus they're so dang comfortable and cool-looking.