• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Funny Oakley

mercat

I should Work at Oakley
Auckland
One of my friend came home from Europe and gave me a feedback regarding Oakley..
People in Europe think it is funny when you wear Oakleys and you are not an athlete..When they see you wear one, they will start to ask you "do you do snowboarding?"
Anyone heard of this idealism before? Just want to know what is your take on this?

One of my friend came home from Europe and gave me a feedback regarding Oakley..
People in Europe think it is funny when you wear Oakleys and you are not an athlete..When they see you wear one, they will start to ask you "do you do snowboarding?"
Anyone heard of this idealism before? Just want to know what is your take on this?

Not surprised. It seems a lot of countries just wearing sunglasses in general outside of sport is either not accepted socially or just not a normal practice all together. :idk: Meh, less competition for rare pieces, the members of this board are competition enough :lolsign:

Last edited:
Come to think of it, in my trip to Spain and Italy a few years ago, I don't remember much people wearing sunglasses, let alone expensive ones.

I got some Rudy Projects as a gift (because Italy). I wanted to get the nosepiece right so I was wearing them immediately, but that didn't last because like...no one else was wearing sunglasses. It was weird. There was sun too.

I think they want to be tan..my father and lil sister in Switzerland loves the sun..so they are tan..
Come to think of it, in my trip to Spain and Italy a few years ago, I don't remember much people wearing sunglasses, let alone expensive ones.

I got some Rudy Projects as a gift (because Italy). I wanted to get the nosepiece right so I was wearing them immediately, but that didn't last because like...no one else was wearing sunglasses. It was weird. There was sun too.
must be..

I live in Barcelona, Spain, and the sun is really strong here so quite a lot of people wear sunglasses. However many people here have dark eyes and that makes it easier for many people not to wear sunglasses. In winter the sun is lower in the sky so it is also necessary to wear sunglasses, at least for me :)

Back